News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed that all CP24 seems to talk about is Doug and Ebola?

Which do you fear most?

Which can do more to the population of Toronto?

Even if Ford is a blatant liar, it is an entirely plausible story. Jews were not welcome in WASPy Toronto social circles for much of the 20th century.

Also not accepted in WASPy social circles for much of the 20th century: Poles, Ukrainians, Russians, Greeks, Italians, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilians, the Irish, Roman Catholics, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Hindus, Muslims, black people of any origin, and poor people.

I can see why someone would seek to change their identity in the search for a new life, but going from Judaism to Russian Orthodox makes zero sense for all the "acceptance" it would buy you in the new world. Besides, someone already posted that Karla's family all sported Christian names, long before coming to Canada. Sorry, I'm just not buying it.

Far more likely that the word "Orthodox" was completely misunderstood - either by Doug when he dropped the J-bomb, or by his wife, who doesn't strike me as particularly bright.

Last edited:
So, I was taking the bus home and by the Warden Station Parking lot, I saw several signs for a candidate which said "please vote" on them. Only in Canada.

Has anyone noticed that all CP24 seems to talk about is Doug and Ebola?

Which do you fear most?
signs_09_beware_of_doug.jpg

Attachments

• signs_09_beware_of_doug.jpg
    signs_09_beware_of_doug.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 724
But see, what I am questioning is something more fundamental than that - if you are going to throw out something as glib as "My wife is Jewish" and doubled down on it being crypto on the basis of Anti-Semitism - it is pretty much unthinkable that you would just publically roll over these comments by your brother.

That's also true. Doug has a huge blind spot in that regard that enables him to play the victim (by proxy, if necessary) when it suits him. Witness his desperate attempts to stick the 'racist' label on anyone who tries to criticize or question him or Rob on anything even tangentially related to race. He's trying to shut down the discussion by declaring it out of bounds from the start.

I. can. not. wait. for. this. election. to. be. over. So tired of the stress of this. How are others managing your election related stress?

Frestonia sounds like Difo's basement.
Sounds like the Fords have stolen some of Frestonia's ideas, at least the surname part anyway:

"The 120 residents first all adopted the same surname of Bramley with the aim that the council would then have to re-house them collectively."

I. can. not. wait. for. this. election. to. be. over. So tired of the stress of this. How are others managing your election related stress?
My son and I just voted so I feel better now. I can see the end coming, finally.
It's been a long 4 years.

How are others managing your election related stress?

Advanced voting is this week iirc, I'm going tomorrow. This year's TO merryl bowl might be the last to use first past the post voting, 2018 will likely use ranked ballot instead. Vote early, vote often, have a few pops in the basement. Take a break from the crazy town merryl bowl talk at least until oct 27, then check the winner of the over under % pool, check if Rob wins ward 2, and if Mikey wins school trusteee. Have an extra pop or two on hand to celebrate Doug losing the 2014 TO merryl bowl.

Maybe bake a pizza as well, I like pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back