News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most offices I've worked in, taking your 3 hours to vote was seen as taking advantage of a "unionized" opportunity for paid time off when it's a ten-minute task you could do on your way home. Certainly not "team player" behavior. How can you be trusted in other situations if you do that sort of thing?

The only thing that seemed to be tolerated was leaving spot on time to get home before the polls close, or maybe a long lunch break if you lived nearby.

"seriously though, I've thought this. If Ford loses #fordnation could go full on Vancouver Canuck riot."
https://twitter.com/scottandrewb/status/526818316787417088

Actually, I honestly believe the chances are much better of a full-blown celebration erupting in the streets the likes of which hasn't been seen since 1967. Of course, this may provoke some Ford Nationals into going caveman but they'll be greatly outnumbered.

I can see a lot of strangers high-fiving and buying each other drinks.

I thought the Donato drawing was meant to make OC look like Kim Jung Il (or Un).

Also regarding the Lisa Kirbie free press thing; I would agree if she was a reporter, she's not, she's a commenter. I wouldn't expect OC to have Warmington at her gathering. The comparison is apt as both are connected to campaigns. IMO, it's a non story that is being used a partisan talking point.

And everyone says "awwww... you should have stayed home" but no HR person or manager ever comes over and insists that you leave.

Current and modern HR practices are quite the opposite of what you describe. Having a sick person in the workplace opens you up to liability (what if someone sick with a cold gets fuzzy while operating machinery), in addition to the cost in manhours of all the additional people that person might infect. The only place you find sick people being encouraged to stay at work is in the restaurant industry (because they're allowed to get away with murder) and shady employers.

Do you think that might give Dug a kush-y lead?

LOL! ;) Well, he could have a smoking and a non-smoking bus, couldn't he? Remember when smoking was allowed on Gray Coach? Sometimes the air was blue! You could have added some hash or weed to the mix and no one would have been able to tell the difference.

I started thinking about the pandering angle at TCHC buildings, when most would have a polling station on site.

It might not be the Mötley Crüe tour bus, but I definitely could see some gracious Ford catering going on. Why not?

I also think that the Fords would happily get you high if they thought they could buy your vote and not get caught. Not everyone would bite, but some would.

The arrogance and confidence of the Doug Ford campaign crew is driving me crazy.

I don't think I could ever recover if Doug won....

ford-years.png

Heres the stage where Doug will triumphantly declare Ford More Years!

Attachments

• ford-years.png
    ford-years.png
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 712
In most offices I've worked in, taking your 3 hours to vote was seen as taking advantage of a "unionized" opportunity for paid time off when it's a ten-minute task you could do on your way home. Certainly not "team player" behavior. How can you be trusted in other situations if you do that sort of thing?

The only thing that seemed to be tolerated was leaving spot on time to get home before the polls close, or maybe a long lunch break if you lived nearby.

There was no guilt trip involved were I worked. You could go vote, no problem.

But, end of shift overtime was almost a mathematical certainty.

The CBC is inviting the public to watch the results at their studio on Front Street. They will open up the studio at 7:30, so I'm sure the more cautious types will head there instead of Nathan Phillips Square, to celebrate.

I'm kinda going stir-crazy right now.

80s Doug Ford @80sDougFord
Don't forget. We're offering rides to our supporters who are too f*cked up to get to the polling station. #TOpoli
;)

Taking Time off to Vote

You are entitled to have three hours in which to vote on voting day. If your job requires you to work hours that would not give you a three hour period in which to vote, you are allowed to be absent from your job for enough time to give you that three hour period.

Note: This does not mean that you are entitled to take three hours off of work.

Voting hours are normally from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. If your working hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you could be entitled to leave one hour early so that you would have from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to vote.

Your employer may decide when it would be most convenient for you to be absent in order to vote. For example, if you work from noon to 6 p.m., your employer may decide that you should come in at 1 p.m., rather than leave work at 5 p.m.
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=8222c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

Here in the UK, polls are always on a Thursday ( no idea why) and run from 7am till 10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back