News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just finished dinner with a downtown professional gay couple. Turns out they both voted for Doug Ford!! My jaws dropped and when I regained my composure, I asked them why. They then reeled off how Doug was "real", how he was for the people, how he kept the free spending at CityHall in check, how as soon as they got rid of Rob, they raised our taxes within 2 weeks!! Then they went on about how John Tory was a rich elitist beholden to business interests. I countered with the facts but it didn't matter. Doug was their man and they just shrugged and went back to the same talking points, you know, the Rob Ford approach in debates? It was like they were reading from the Ford's playbook. Totally drunk on the KoolAid.

Wow, I'm still shaking from the experience. It was like Doug Ford was speaking across the table.

ps They reverse commute to work, turns out they like talk radio and constantly tuned to 1010. So whoever does the 6-7am and 4-5pm time slot really did a good job.

Last edited:
^ puts a whole new spin on "closet Ford supporters", doesn't it? But these guys are all out!

You wouldn't expect that, but here we are. :(

So I just finished dinner with a downtown professional gay couple. Turns out they both voted for Doug Ford!! My jaws dropped and when I regained my composure, I asked them why. They then reeled off how Doug was "real", how he was for the people, how he kept the free spending at CityHall in check, how as soon as they got rid of Rob, they raised our taxes within 2 weeks!! Then they went on about how John Tory was a rich elitist beholden to business interests. I countered with the facts but it didn't matter. Doug was their man and they just shrugged and went back to the same talking points, you know, the Rob Ford approach in debates? It was like they were reading from the Ford's playbook. Totally drunk on the KoolAid.

Wow, I'm still shaking from the experience. It was like Doug Ford was speaking across the table.

ps They reverse commute to work, turns out they like talk radio and constantly tuned to 1010. So whoever does the 6-7am and 4-5pm time slot really did a good job.

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like possible Stockholm Syndrome. They, and many others, may need to be deprogrammed or de-brainwashed.

^ puts a whole new spin on "closet Ford supporters", doesn't it? But these guys are all out!

You wouldn't expect that, but here we are. :(

And we nearly didn't have this discussion. We'd just passed on dessert and I mentioned I needed to really dial it back since I had finished a tub of Haagen Daz watching the election. Then they came out with their choice!! So good thing it was towards the end of dinner otherwise I might have flipped the table.

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like possible Stockholm Syndrome. They, and many others, may need to be deprogrammed or de-brainwashed.

Not if they keep getting their news and views from 1010. I didn't realize how effective that was.

Hollowed Out Book

we also need a new pool for the exact date when Mayor Tory will stumble upon one of Ford's "secret stashes" taped to the underside of a desk drawer or in a hollowed out book or something ;) (unfortunately, the incident will probably not be reported in the media, so we'd never know who won :( )

In all seriousness: anyone here with access to Tory or one of his advisors should tell them to pay a cop to go through the place with a sniffer dog. The last thing we need is for one of Robbie's old hidden-away joints to shake loose out of a bookcase and have all the FN trolls screaming "See, he does it too!!!"

If the cops won't do it there's probably private detectives (who are ex cops) who might have access to a retired police dog.

I can assure you there are no books in Rob Ford's office right now ... at least none thick enough to be hollowed out to hide drugs.

I can assure you there are no books in Rob Ford's office right now ... at least none thick enough to be hollowed out to hide drugs.

There called magazines. ;)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/30/rob-fords-new-office-will-be-next-to-the-mayors-office

Outgoing Mayor Rob Ford won’t be far from his old stomping ground at City Hall when he resumes his duties as Etobicoke North (Ward 2) councillor on Dec. 2.

Ford will take up residence in the current Ward 2 office which is located right beside the mayor’s office on the second floor.

“Rob Ford will move into the Ward 2 office,†confirmed city spokesman Jackie DeSouza.

DeSouza said there is a chance Ford could ask to switch offices with another councillor but the two would have to sign some paperwork. There is some past precedent for such a move, she said.

“Two councillors can swap offices if they provide a jointly signed memo to the clerk,†she said.

So I just finished dinner with a downtown professional gay couple. Turns out they both voted for Doug Ford!!

There are stupid gay people too. I'd prefer the stereotype to be broken with different examples though.

Bahhh age using Lindros?!? (spitz) I was at a Seneca Nats game with Gretzky skating circles around everyone on the ice when he would have been 15 or 16...

Yep. When I was in high school there was a big debate about whether Gretzky's phenomenal minor hockey and OHL (or whatever that league was called at the time) records would translate into NHL success. (Ha! LOL!) The naysayers at the time said he was too small, slow and fragile to be a force in the NHL ...

The hell? Really?

Honestly, not at all snarky here, it is kinda good that in 2014 a gay couple can get on with their personal and professional lives and be just as insanely politically unaware as most of us straights have been for many, many generations ... :p

Also, Doug is horrible (3 reasons among the massive uncountable shitload of reasons: driving his bro to the grave as fast as he possibly can without risk of criminal charges--Jesus, WTF?!; doing the exact opposite of what would help citizens make good decisions about fiscal matters; and of course so much lying about absolutely everything) but is there any evidence that Doug is really homophobic? Rob was terrible that way, but it seems like Doug is relative-to-Rob-not-so-shitty about sexual orientation.

Last edited:

We could find out if any of those giant chocolate bars he replaced the books with are full of hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back