News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess? Matlow has long term ambitions to be mayor. He probably made a strong play for the EC and wasn't happy about being shut out. I can't really blame him. Tory is trying to placate Ford Nation with his selections instead of unifying council as he claimed he would during the election. It's a shame. I don't always agree with Matlow and I'm not exactly a fan, but there's no question he takes his job very seriously and has a tremendous sense of duty.

How does this link to Rob Ford in a Rob Ford thread? Well, as much as Tory is a conservative in progressive clothing, I can't help but conclude that fear of Ford is behind Tory's ridiculous appointments. Enough already.

It's the old "better to have them inside pissing out then outside pissing in" deal. Shows that Tory is a bit of a Casper Milquetoast when it comes to conflict. Maybe when Rob kicks and Doug is back in Chitown he can make some proper appointments. But I'm not hopeful.

B35K1AmCcAA7ech.jpg:large

Yep, and that's the problem.

Last edited:
Randy has no manners, he's an ass, my daughter know his ex wife and he lied and hid his money just to avoid paying higher child support, who does this to there kids?

Dead beat dads that are all about themselves; just a guess.

(I should not has answered but I'm not awake yet.)

Last edited:
I was going to say that maybe other councillors were not using their full allotment of tickets, so Ford asked to use theirs.

But then I realized I was talking about the Fords, they likely just showed up and expected to be accommodated.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 4m4 minutes ago
Across the hall at Toronto East York Community council, much of the team has arrived. Rob Ford absent from Etobicoke council right now.

It is early for him. I wonder if he will show up for council this afternoon.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told that a spot on the government management committee was Rob Ford's choice #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Rob Ford also being recommended for a spot on the audit committee #TOpoli

He probably won't attend any meetings...

Last edited:
Did Doug show up yesterday by himself? I get the feeling he'll do a lot of showing up in places without having much to do now.

Sorry for the dumb question, but just because Rob is recommended for some boards doesn't mean that he is a lock, right?

Sorry for the dumb question, but just because Rob is recommended for some boards doesn't mean that he is a lock, right?

Hop over to the John Tory thread...but anyway..Striking Committee has reccomended him for the following

Government Mgmt, Hockey Hall of Fame, TRCA and Audit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back