8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Perkel from Canadian Press tweets:
@Perkel Fair to say Sandro Lisi/Jay Bahrami drug trial is descending into bit of a farce as it wraps. Looks like wording of the charge may be faulty.
@Perkel Turns out charge against Lisi forgot to mention the word 'marijuana.' Crown wants to add. Defence says no. Judge in the middle. On we go.

Colin Perkel from Canadian Press tweets:
@Perkel Fair to say Sandro Lisi/Jay Bahrami drug trial is descending into bit of a farce as it wraps. Looks like wording of the charge may be faulty.
@Perkel Turns out charge against Lisi forgot to mention the word 'marijuana.' Crown wants to add. Defence says no. Judge in the middle. On we go.

This entire bizarre saga has seen quite a few moments like this, hasn't it? Are the people in the permanent bureaucratic structure that actually run the city really so utterly incompetent? Evidently, yes, they are. Enough to let small-time hoodlums like Lisi and the Fords repeatedly slip through their fingers. It's truly incredible to watch.

Oh my god yes. And one need only espy "the beautiful Diane" to imagine Randy in drag.

Thank you both for your imagery. :) After all that, I need a brain wash.

Oh look! It's 5:20. I'm an hour late for my constituent appointment. Tootles!

This entire bizarre saga has seen quite a few moments like this, hasn't it? Are the people in the permanent bureaucratic structure that actually run the city really so utterly incompetent? Evidently, yes, they are. Enough to let small-time hoodlums like Lisi and the Fords repeatedly slip through their fingers. It's truly incredible to watch.
The defense chose not to call any witnesses to the stand today. I suppose that means they think they have a strong chance of winning? Closing arguments begin tomorrow. I'm thinking Lisi will be found not guilty. Not sure about Bahrami, though.

City Hall Bureau ‏@2014Toronto · 19m19 minutes ago
Ombudsman report targets city security under Rob Ford http://on.thestar.com/1HYnlK9 #topoli

Crean's report is going to be released Thursday, and it sounds like it won't be pretty.

Security wrapped around his finger. Certain cops wrapped around his finger. Guy made the city look like a joke.

Security wrapped around his finger. Certain cops wrapped around his finger. Guy made the city look like a joke.

Sadly true. it makes me wonder how hard it would have been to be a cop with integrity while hizzoner ruled. I have friends who worked at Greenestone while he was there, complete suspension of disbelief was required to get through the day during his visit. I wonder too about how dirty cops keep clean cops in line. Do they "get something" on the fellow officer then demand silence or compliance. And if so wouldn't the really good ones get out of the business in disgust? Its scary to even contemplate. Totally off topic except for the political scullduggery angle... mike duffy had a trainer? And make up? Talk about a red flag. ( yes Im fat shaming. And ugly shaming while I got my neck out.)

Sadly true. it makes me wonder how hard it would have been to be a cop with integrity while hizzoner ruled. I have friends who worked at Greenestone while he was there, complete suspension of disbelief was required to get through the day during his visit. I wonder too about how dirty cops keep clean cops in line. Do they "get something" on the fellow officer then demand silence or compliance. And if so wouldn't the really good ones get out of the business in disgust? Its scary to even contemplate. Totally off topic except for the political scullduggery angle... mike duffy had a trainer? And make up? Talk about a red flag. ( yes Im fat shaming. And ugly shaming while I got my neck out.)

The Star had a Ford Gone Wild in Rehab story in the works--a follow up to the one that came out. It was going to reveal more about McRobb and how the whole rehab stint was a farce. But I think when the Gomeshi stuff came up it fell by the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back