News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Hard-lined solution right here. Any person caught involved with gang related terrorist type crimes or affiliations should have a GPS electrical device implanted in their brain for tracking, along with a little pellet of C4. Before they are released from custody they get to watch a video of a home boys head popping off. After school programs don't work. The soft community value approach failed when daddy calls his 15 kids and their nieghbouhood friends his little souljas.

The C4 pellet in the brain idea will work. We need to pass this idea while Stephen Harper is still in power. Hurry.

We can add child molesting monsters to this solution too.

Last edited:
God forbid someone's embedded C4 should happened to be triggered by some ersatz signal - I suppose then the criminal justice system as per your recommendations should put be applied to the very person who came up with it? I will make sure I carry some RF devices near you in that case.

AoD

PS: And yes, neurosurgery is real cheap.

It could eliminate the prison system.. think about it. You're just mad that I included child molesters, because it is off topic.

Last edited:
The C4 brain implants are a little bit Escape From New York for comfort, but I could see tagging convicts on parole/bail with some kind of GPS tracker. We do it with a bunch of animals (my dog used to have a chip in her ear), so I don't think the cost would be a major issue.

Then again, I love GPS tracking everthing. Were I to be dictator, I would put GPS on everything. Cars, dogs, birds, buses, bikes. Everything.

Its because this happened on a downtown station, that there is such a fuss.

A justifiable fuss though.

Subway shooting suspect wanted in 2008 murder investigation

Jan 29, 2009 05:13 PM
Michele Henry
Crime Reporter
http://www.thestar.com/article/579253

A man wanted in connection with last week's shooting on a crowded subway platform is also wanted as an accessory to a Toronto murder.

At a press conference this afternoon, police announced the name of the suspect wanted for opening fire at Osgoode subway station last Wednesday, sending one man to hospital.

Curt John , 21, is also wanted on an RCMP Canada wide warrant for his connection to the 2008 murder of Dominic Shearer-Hanomansingh, who was killed last summer while handing out flyers at a Jamaica Day celebration.

In October of last year, police discovered that Shearer-Hanomansingh, now deceased was responsible for the shooting death of Justin Brunet, Toronto's 29th homicide of 2008.

Three shots were fired last Wednesday morning on the central platform of Osgoode station, and the fight continued to the mezzanine level before the victim collapsed.

When police arrived, they found a 19-year-old man suffering from two gunshot wounds, one to his stomach and one to his thigh. One witness, a woman, stayed with the victim after he was shot.

He was taken to St. Michael's Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

John has scars on his left knee and left cheek and goes by a number of aliases, including "Shruffles," "Quashie" and Curt "Ketichnal" John.

Its because this happened on a downtown station, that there is such a fuss.

A justifiable fuss though.

It's a fuss because it happened in a very busy public place. There would be the same reactions if this were to happen at Kipling, Midland, Davisville or NYCC stations, or even the RHC YRT terminal.

A More Detailed Article

Police identify suspect in subway shooting

TIMOTHY APPLEBY

The Globe and Mail

January 30, 2009

Toronto police have named their principal suspect in a subway shooting last week that sent commuters fleeing in panic, and have linked the fugitive gunman to a string of other violent crimes across the city, including a homicide last year and a carjacking and robbery committed as recently as Wednesday.

Inspector Mario Di Tommaso of 52 Division described Curt John, 21, of no fixed address, as armed and extremely dangerous. "Members of the public should not approach this individual," he told a news conference.

Last week's morning shooting at the downtown Osgoode station, which left a 19-year-old man wounded, stirred wide alarm. In addition, Mr. John is wanted as an accessory after the fact in the shooting death on Eglinton Avenue West last July of Dominic Shearer-Hanomansingh, 20.

Mr. John's cousin, Jimmy John, has been charged with murder and Curt John is accused of lending Jimmy John his identification after the killing so he could get medical attention.

As well, police have issued arrest warrants for Curt John in connection with a robbery in 22 Division in November, and with a carjacking and robbery that began at the Jane-Finch Mall Wednesday afternoon. After pistol-whipping the victim with a handgun, two suspects threw him out of his car and then fled in his silver 2004 Ford Escape, which bears the licence number BBZP 445.

In the subway shooting, investigators used a trail of video surveillance to track down the gunman, whose picture was captured on closed-circuit television. Police believe Mr. John and the victim knew each other and had travelled together from the northwest corner of the city on the Jane Street bus, via Downsview, to Osgoode.

An argument broke out on the train and gunfire erupted moments after the pair exited.

Toronto Crime Stoppers have released a video appeal in connection with the incident, at YouTube.com/1800222Tips. Photos have also been posted on the Toronto Crime Stoppers page on Facebook.

but I could see tagging convicts on parole/bail with some kind of GPS tracker. We do it with a bunch of animals (my dog used to have a chip in her ear),

I'm sure your dog didn't have a GPS receiver and a cellular transmitter implanted in his ear.
I'm not sure you know how GPS even works.

Somehow I don't think having police patrolling would help much if at all. If the criminals see a cop, they just won't fire. They'll wait for the next opportunity to do so. There can't be cops at every corner and station. Also GTA is a large area. They can shoot from any area. Best to just put all the gangsters and criminals in jail or deport them.

Yes more police presence and tougher punishment is the solution, because it works so well in American cities.

Yes more police presence and tougher punishment is the solution, because it works so well in American cities.

So having less police presence is better?

I'd rather have the violent hardened criminals locked up in jail than being out on the streets committing more crimes and shootings.

Does Toronto need a TPD Transit Police bureau?

Everyone: Does Toronto need a transit police force to patrol the Subways and other TTC routes to supplement their own constables?

How about a Toronto Transit Police Department or bureau of the TPD specializing in patrolling and securing TTC transit facilities?

How many Toronto Police officers patrol the TTC and judging by some what I have read should more officers be hired to provide more security?

I always regarded the TTC as being a safe system with low rates of crime but as reported here in UT crime rates are increasing on the TTC-something I feel they need to nip in the bud.

The TTC System is one of Toronto's greatest assets-love or hate it. Keeping it safe and user-friendly should be one of their top priorities!

Opinion from Long Island Mike

Back