News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't know about that, as Pet Valu is right next to Daniel et Daniel, who have a strong loyal following for high end coffee. The old location of Pet Value next to Blockbuster might work.

The old Pet Valu is on Winchester. Although it's very close to Parliament, I doubt Starbucks would want to be off Parliament or Carlton.

The new Pet Valu is new and I don't see them moving. They just moved in a year or so ago and they're doing very well. There are also a couple of empty spots on that strip so there's no need to kick out a tenant when there's an adequate space next door.

So, I've been told the Starbucks will be moving into the spot formally know as "Trinity Salon" (west side of Parliament, Just north of Carlton, it's a corner, but i don't know the name of the street). The landlord locked the owners of the salon out the other week.

I was told what's opening up in the former Javaville location, but i forget. What's going to go into the old "Planet Aid" across the road is unknown, but they're working fast on getting it ready.

So, I've been told the Starbucks will be moving into the spot formally know as "Trinity Salon" (west side of Parliament, Just north of Carlton, it's a corner, but i don't know the name of the street).

Aberdeen Ave.

Ok, I got in touch with my source, and I'm told it's going to be a Swiss Chalet where Javaville used to be. The chains are moving in, folks.

Ok, I got in touch with my source, and I'm told it's going to be a Swiss Chalet where Javaville used to be. The chains are moving in, folks.
Now that's freaking excellent, my kids love going to Swiss Chalet, but I've always found the one at Bloor and Sherbourne a let down.

Once Swiss Chalet is entrenched, I wonder what'll replace the Cabbagetown Restaurant at Spruce and Parliament.

I hope this is true, as a Cabbagetowner.

Our resale prices are already going through the roof, and this will only help.

:)

And hopefully they'll volunteer to abide by non-existing zoning bylaws that the city has, a la Daniels et Daniels, Tim Hortons etc. Die Pizza Pizza....

while i avoid starbucks (horrible coffee overpriced and generic blahness) I just noticed that SBUX is a good buy (starbucks stock) looks like it might break $28.50 resistance point this time but at any rate you could make another dollar off the channel here. Watching $28.50 here next stop $30.

Take a look at a simple SBUX chart here to see if I need more coffee:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

My wife checked out the new International News location on Parliament, and said it was nice. Apparently everyone who walks in is telling the owner how pleased they are with the new addition to the neighbourhood.

Oh, also, Planet Aid became....(wait for it...)

Another dollar store. I think that's 4 of them between Gerrard and Winchester on Parliament. Gross.

I haven't heard anything about the Starbucks, but all the equipment for Trinity Salon is still in there, so maybe the landlord and the tenant are fighting it out still (the landlord changed the locks on them and has kept all the gear inside).

Also, the signs on the Cabbagetown Restaurant have been taken down. There's now brown paper covering all the windows, too, but that could have been there for a while, I'm not sure.

We'll have to wait and see.

t.

I've recently been informed that the Salvation Army plans to relocate their “Mission Warehouse†from Rose Ave to the former Flamingo Restaurant location at 446 Parliament Street, between Gerrard and Carlton Streets. This would not be good for the area.

Back