News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
American Thanksgiving is on the 22nd this year, not the 15th.

Americans probably have the cheapest electronics anywhere in the world already. Why would they come here to buy anything? And even if they did what's so special about this store compared to the existing one, or even the Best Buy, outside of size?

I'm pretty excited about this opening with having a proper Future Shop in the area plus I can't wait to get inside and look around. It's great having a Best Buy downtown but in the past half year or so I've been frustrated by the lack of stock in the store. On numerous occasions I've gone there to pick up an item and they don't have it in stock or staff can't locate it. Having a real Future Shop in the area gives me a second place to find what I need.

Americans probably have the cheapest electronics anywhere in the world already. Why would they come here to buy anything? And even if they did what's so special about this store compared to the existing one, or even the Best Buy, outside of size?

I was just kiddin' about the American Thanksgiving being on a Thursday, and all the shoppin' hell the breaks loose on the following Friday.

This store is opening on Thursday I thought (not being an American) that Thursday is when the shopping begins south of the border. I was obviously in error.

Caltrane's just musing about the new store - no-one's expecting this store to draw shoppers from the States on its own.

What's so special about this one over the existing one though? Well, the existing one is ridiculously small and cramped and run down, and this one is a shiny new Big Box, so that's a major difference. They'll probably triple their sales.

I can see the crane lifting more sign frames into position this afternoon. I'll go over tomorrow and grab some photo updates if no one else does so before then.

Back