8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Where did they go?

This was taken earlier in the am... Telus has the sign on the left and top sign on the right. There is a new leasing sign in the botton panel of the right sign.

Signs.jpg

oh wow.. I didn't notice that left sign going up. I was there just two days ago. :)

I guess that leaves just the central pillar sign, the tri-vision and the Victoria St. sign before all of them are up.

I'm very surprised the Toronto Life Square signs aren't up yet. You'd think they'd want to get started on setting the name of the place in people's minds ASAP.

True. I'm also surprised none of the 'biggies', i.e. Coke, McDonalds etc, haven't gotten in there yet. I also thought the Mirvishes would definately want a presence here.

oh wow.. I didn't notice that left sign going up. I was there just two days ago. :)

I guess that leaves just the central pillar sign, the tri-vision and the Victoria St. sign before all of them are up.

I'm very surprised the Toronto Life Square signs aren't up yet. You'd think they'd want to get started on setting the name of the place in people's minds ASAP.

Without the ads it's very plain and unfinished and I would think they'd want it to look its best when they put their names on it.

Metropolis is starting to look very impressive as you approach it from along Dundas West. By the way, Future Shop is clearing out their open box demo stuff... if anyone's looking for a camera or camcorder, there are some great deals. An Olympus 7 or 8 MP with 18x optical zoom for $250 and a Kodak 7.1 MP with a 12x zoom for $179. Many camcorders for under $400 too.

from the metropolis website....

1194123868.jpg

1194123830.jpg

I was just thinking: that's what the old DuPont factory outside of Brockville would look like if it were covered in backlit signs.

That's what back-lits are.

Another saddening example of Toronto-quality finishes on buildings. The only glimmer of hope is that as higher-quality advertising (technologically, aesthetically) becomes cheaper, they will all be replaced.

Its too bad that theres no real 'drawing piece' here. By that I mean theres nothing that will really draw people to this place. If there was at least one really interesting, unique piece of advertising (e.g. CityTV truck) it could really have powers that bland, enlarged subway advertisements don't.

These are real carp signs shot today. The video hasn't work most of this past week. Not sure about the others, but Sharp is made of fiber cloth material. Easier to install by hand than crane.

4 more days.

1975417871_f2b7dd4e1f_b.jpg

Another saddening example of Toronto-quality finishes on buildings. The only glimmer of hope is that as higher-quality advertising (technologically, aesthetically) becomes cheaper, they will all be replaced.

Its too bad that theres no real 'drawing piece' here. By that I mean theres nothing that will really draw people to this place. If there was at least one really interesting, unique piece of advertising (e.g. CityTV truck) it could really have powers that bland, enlarged subway advertisements don't.

That's more like it, comments earlier today were way too positive. I was beginning to think I was reading about another project...IMO at the end of the day it's up to an advertiser or Tenant to decide to create something 'special' or different.

Backlit signs are all over Times Square and even Shibuya. Sure Dundas Square has more, but the square itself is still relatively new and more dynamic signs will be installed as the area matures, if companies feel it's a good investment. For the record I don't like the Telus ads either.

Dundas Square looks pretty empty in some of those pics. Some of you are going to blast me for this but I think what it really needs is a centrepiece. Almost all the great squares in the world have a statue or public art as an anchor, and for good reason: they're people magnets. The monuments in Piccadilly Circus, Dam Square, and Wenceslas Square, to name a few, constantly have people loitering around (and on) them. It doesn't have to be a traditional king-on-a-horse type statue, something totally modern could work just as well.

And I still don't get what that canopy is supposed to accomplish.

Back