News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It's CP, but there's a connection to the CN mainline and a CN rail yard - Neebing Yard - less than a kilometre to the west.

Obviously, a short run on the other guy's trackage isn't going to be dealbreaker, but I'd be curious to see how this pans out. I know GO's locomotive deliveries came from Idaho with CP via the Crowsnest Pass line, but I can't recall if they've been getting fresh bilevels from Thunder Bay via CP or CN.

Also, having never moved a subway car from on top of a rail flatcar to a (super-sized ?) flatbed semi-trailer before, I don't know if this is the sort of thing that can be done at a rail classification yard like CN's terrifying large MacMillan facility, or is best done at a dedicated intermodal yard. If it's the latter, CP's intermodal facility in Vaughan is marginally closer to Wilson than CN's intermodal facility in Bramalea. I'm actually having a moderately tricky time trying to picture how large and unwieldy a load a subway car would be on a flatbed trailer--I think it actually wouldn't be as awkward as I first imagined. While I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable seeing one ripping down the 407 at 120 km/h, it's also not really in the realm of Discovery Channel extreme machine afternoon programming. :)

If the Greenwood spur has indeed been kaput for the past few years, then clearly those T1s in Thunder Bay had to have done the journey in reverse already, and left a TTC yard via truck, right?

LOL you know guys, I'm thinking, this whole discussion lately seems very parallel to two siblings laying awake on Christmas eve talking about how santa would land on the roof and make it down the chimney, especially those really small modern chimneys of natural gas heated homes... :rolleyes:

LOL you know guys, I'm thinking, this whole discussion lately seems very parallel to two siblings laying awake on Christmas eve talking about how santa would land on the roof and make it down the chimney, especially those really small modern chimneys of natural gas heated homes... :rolleyes:

omgomomg this is like when you were a kid (unless you're TTCboy13 ;)) and a few days before christmas a few gifts start appearing under the tree, and you sneak over there when no one is around and examin one of the boxes and you're super sure what's in it, but you know you can't open it until christmas.. :rolleyes:

All of this talk is seriously making me feel like a kid on christmas eve !!!! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Toronto ~

Thank you for all of these wonderful contributions to the discussion of the new subways. This has very much so enriched my knowledge.

Thank you for all of these wonderful contributions to the discussion of the new subways. This has very much so enriched my knowledge.

andomano, you made my day !

But common seriously, it is kind of got that festive gift-giving feel to it, and the timing is brilliant!

If the Greenwood spur has indeed been kaput for the past few years, then clearly those T1s in Thunder Bay had to have done the journey in reverse already, and left a TTC yard via truck, right?

Very true. After reading the report for the repair and testing of the damaged T1s, and seeing the damage done to the cars, I think it's safe to say these cars didn't make the trip to Greenwood (at least not via the subway tunnels) in order to be shipped out. They likely made the journey north leaving Wilson, as you're somewhat suggesting.

If anybody is interested.... http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2008/Dec_17_2008/Supplementary_Reports/Repair%20and%20Testing%20o.pdf

oh

Very true. After reading the report for the repair and testing of the damaged T1s, and seeing the damage done to the cars, I think it's safe to say these cars didn't make the trip to Greenwood (at least not via the subway tunnels) in order to be shipped out. They likely made the journey north leaving Wilson, as you're somewhat suggesting.

If anybody is interested.... http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2008/Dec_17_2008/Supplementary_Reports/Repair%20and%20Testing%20o.pdf

oh yeah i remember know!:eek:

Last edited:
Nudge to get back into topic.

Thats very interesting about the damaged T1 cars... can't remember hearing about them or the collision.

Andomano, anyway you could direct me to pictures of these cars?

Nudge to get back into topic.

Thats very interesting about the damaged T1 cars... can't remember hearing about them or the collision.

Andomano, anyway you could direct me to pictures of these cars?

View posts 434, 555, 586.

Back