News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

More like Thermos. It's the beer he can't hold that's depriving his gut of proper food.

He'd better have security with him, because if he runs into someone like me, he's gonna be crying when he gets off. And that's just from being berated on what an azzhole he is. And being told that he needs deodorant, if he can find some industrial version.

Name calling, body shaming nor physical threats should not occur in this thread (or any other for that matter). Actually no place in a civil society. Thank you

Name calling, body shaming nor physical threats should not occur in this thread (or any other for that matter). Actually no place in a civil society. Thank you

Indeed. Steve and the people who regularly like his comments are taking their "Van Detta" against the Ford's and Conservatives in general a tact way too far. I don't know why anyone should be surprised that, unlike the Liberals, the Tories aren't out to appease all groups (which is impossible btw) and will act primarily to just fulfill their commitment to their base.

Indeed. Steve and the people who regularly like his comments are taking their "Van Detta" against the Ford's and Conservatives in general a tact way too far. I don't know why anyone should be surprised that, unlike the Liberals, the Tories aren't out to appease all groups (which is impossible btw) and will act primarily to just fulfill their commitment to their base.
Well here's the deal: It works two ways. Best you get your rabid lap dogs neutered before telling others to.

And if "Ford Van Detta" upsets you, then you're weak-kneed to say the least.

And what exactly does that accomplish? They are still being paid regardless of if they are sitting in the train "doing nothing" or doing nothing and sitting in the platform waiting to drive trains in opposite direction before they reach they at-grade section.

All that would lead to are delays with changing the crew, which ultimately increases travel time. The more complicated you make operations, the greater the likelihood commuters will run into unnecessary delays.

Presumably there will be a opposite direction train that would arrive in the station in (insert servive frequency here) minutes that the driver would board and take out to the at grade section. So its not like the driver would be spending hours at the station twiddling their thumbs

Well here's the deal: It works two ways. Best you get your rabid lap dogs neutered before telling others to.

And if "Ford Van Detta" upsets you, then you're weak-kneed to say the least.

There is a huge difference between debating the pros and cons of the Crosstown, comparing political platforms and looking at historical performance of various parties and leaders. Concluding that you do not like it one way or another is a good discourse (in the political section..not here). However, when you degrade into name calling and promoting abusive behavior against anyone it is not tolerated.

I believe that whomever you are no matter you ethnic origin, sex, age nor size of your body you should not be directly or indirectly shamed because of it. As soon as you (or anyone) attacks someone due to the way they look you are no better than a racist, a bigot, a misogynist or a homophobic.

You are a bully. And everyone needs to stand up to bullies.

Getting back on topic here (you're welcome to those who came here for Crosstown LRT posts), new video posted by Crosstown:

The video says that
allows for a direct connection between Line 1 and Line 5, similar to St George Station
Um, does she mean Bloor-Yonge Station? Because St George has both lines parallel while Bloor-Yonge is perpendicular, almost exactly like Eglinton.
going to be convenient with the shortest average transfer times between lines of all the interchange stations on the TTC
This doesn't seem right, how is this line change faster than St George Station? It's just one flight of stairs and you're on the other set of platforms, here you need to go through the lower concourse with 2 sets of stairs.

That rendered side view of the station at 0:57 looks pretty cool. I really wish it was released so I can play around with the 3D model. :(

Oh, and I'm continuing the interchange station complaining loop. :oops:

The video says that

Um, does she mean Bloor-Yonge Station? Because St George has both lines parallel while Bloor-Yonge is perpendicular, almost exactly like Eglinton.

This doesn't seem right, how is this line change faster than St George Station? It's just one flight of stairs and you're on the other set of platforms, here you need to go through the lower concourse with 2 sets of stairs.
These are glaring errors, agreed.
That rendered side view of the station at 0:57 looks pretty cool. I really wish it was released so I can play around with the 3D model.
I'm surprised they didn't do that themselves in the vid. Once the design software is loaded, it's very easy to run it to display from any and all angles.

As always, the renders grossly overstate the light. What's shown is many times brighter than it will actually be. And the source of light is not displayed what-so-ever. Light's just emanating from all corners.

Compared to the Kennedy time-lapse vid, this is pretty lame. It's more a public service announcement than an engineering feature.

Vid not loading for me either at the UT article linked above.

OK, copied the url from the vid static frame and pasted it into my browser, loading now, tried a few times:
Eglinton Crosstown Surface Section July 2018

Further to the 'weak link' above, since updating my OS and browser some months back, (new OS initially showed no fault) the UT 'return arrows' ('go back to prior url') haven't worked consistently.

I suspect some incompatibility of Java with the later versions of Chrome/Chromium, at least on Linux.

Last edited:
DjiJVUrXsAAUwxL.jpg

East Portal via crosstown twitter

Back