I agree, nice glass:cool:

Nice glass if you think Coleman Stoves are inspiring objets d'art.

2000004122_500.jpg

Attachments

• 2000004122_500.jpg
    2000004122_500.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,057
UT is a strange place....on the one hand, you have people constantly complaining that we never get any colour in our buildings....and then when we finally get some, we get derision from certain forumers...

I haven't seen these close up yet, but I can tell you, they look quite striking when heading east on the 401.....definitely they will be landmarks in North York...and the fact that they are actually "emerald" green should come as no surprise...they are true to their renderings....

Deepend's comment equating someone's appreciation of the colour with an inability to appreciate "art" is so typical of the stupidity that seems to be more and more prevalent here these days.......

I think they do add character to the landscape here. But on the other hand, it seems most of these new units are too small, too expensive, and too cheaply built to be taken seriously as homes. Not that they were ever intended to be actually liveable or provide dignity to occupants. This is all about making a fast buck and riding off into the sunset. You would think that builds would get better, but it seems the only thing improving is the ability of developers to cut corners, drain buyer cash, and walk away before any of the windows fall out.

I wonder if there will be a lot of "issues" once they start to move people in? My gut suggests there will be. Some of these new buildings can't even keep their elevators running.

UT is a strange place....on the one hand, you have people constantly complaining that we never get any colour in our buildings....and then when we finally get some, we get derision from certain forumers...

I haven't seen these close up yet, but I can tell you, they look quite striking when heading east on the 401.....definitely they will be landmarks in North York...and the fact that they are actually "emerald" green should come as no surprise...they are true to their renderings....

Deepend's comment equating someone's appreciation of the colour with an inability to appreciate "art" is so typical of the stupidity that seems to be more and more prevalent here these days.......

Wow, you find it “strange†that people on UT hold different opinions? What kind of monoculture are you promoting?

News alert: cheap window wall is cheap window wall is cheap window wall.

A gaudy colour does not make a building made with cheap materials better—it just makes its cheapness stand out more.

As for your assertion that this building is indeed ‘emerald’ coloured. Emerald is not a paint chip. It is a material that reflects light, and can display hundreds of different ‘colours’. "Emerald Park" is ONE endless window walled field of single monotonous and very simple colour.

I'll take this shade of green over grey, any day. The colour isn't as bad as some of you drama queens like to make out.

Everyone has an opinion and some of them are quite strong. Doesn't make them right or wrong. What is wrong is when the conversation isn't civil. Be nice people.

There are many ways to do green; what's really cheap here is not only the way the green is bisected by countless highly visible black mullions, but the fact that instead of shadow-boxes or other solutions that would produce a variation in green hues, we've got a flat-green spandrel with no sense of depth.

Emerald Park - Aerial.jpg

The aerial photograph of Emerald Park is Breathtaking! Striking! Nothing short of just Spectacular! The shimmering green glass has added a breath of vibrant color to the monochromatic skyline of North York.

This project has developed into an icon that is creating a buzz of excitement not only on this discussion forum but also in magazines and publications across the city. The award winning design has captured the attention of developers across the city and has become one of the most talked about and highly anticipated developments in Toronto.

It features high quality windows that minimize unwanted solar gain and heat loss, high 9” ceilings, large suites ranging to 1349sq, luxury high end finishes with hardwood flooring and spa like bathrooms, a wide range of amenities, and an award winning design that has truly become a landmark that residents can hold their head up and be proud of.

Attachments

• Emerald Park - Aerial.jpg
    Emerald Park - Aerial.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 778
^Congratulations Scorpio1, you're my first ignore.

You should look into getting a job on Ford's campaign team, you can shovel BS just as good as them!

HaHa, That was one helluva sales pitch. I wasn't aware that it's already considered an "Icon" and that it has created a "buzz of excitement" around the city? Oh Bazis, you try so hard..

It will be a landmark because of its unique shape, size and colour, as well as its location at the gateway to downtown North York. I predict most people will really like these towers. We;ll have to wait and see how the retail turns out but I hope they don't f it up.

How many people can tell the difference between high quality glass and low quality glass? For the average guy on the street, glass is just glass.

Last edited:
It will be a landmark because of its unique shape, size and colour, as well as its location at the gateway to downtown North York. I predict most people will really like these towers. We;ll have to wait and see how the retail turns out but I hope they don't f it up.

How many people can tell the difference between high quality glass and low quality glass? For the average guy on the street, glass is just glass.

Oh man, who cares about the "average guy on the street"? He doesn't even exist. And if he did, he would have really bad taste.

Back