News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Actually, a "poser" is an authentically unauthentic person. An inauthentically unauthentic person is actually quite cool because, you see, they're making an ironic statement about actual posers. You should gravitate towards such inauthentically unauthentic people.

A very scholarly response indeed. Could some one, please, translate it into peasant's English?

Some of it is good. Some of it is bad. I rarely go down to the 'entertainment' district. It's too cheesy and tacky. Too many posers: all dressed up and nowhere to go.

What's wrong with the ET District? Compared to other parts of the downtown, which turn proverbally dead after 6 PM; there's at least something always going on. Bring lots of cash with you though.

What's wrong with the ET District? Compared to other parts of the downtown, which turn proverbally dead after 6 PM; there's at least something always going on. Bring lots of cash with you though.

That's usually what turns me off the most; spending all that cash. A night can range from $20 to $60 depending on where you spend it. With cabs starting at $4.00, an easy route from Yonge-Bloor to the ET District can leave your wallet empty. Especially with all the construction going on, the cabbies seem to have lost any sense of figuring ways around the diversions.

From today's NOW...

What killed the club district?

coverstory1_46836.jpg

Sad to read. It was so great before the mainstream top 40 crowd came along.

Mainstream tastes always kill anything that's cool. We must fight against it at all times.

Was in the district on Saturday night. What a ghostland.

meh, didn't seem that different to me then 4/5 years ago on a cold winter day - and I was out this saturday as well. It's pretty random in the winter I find - and doesn't really correposnong with the current weather.
It can't be deind that a lot of new venus have opened to the west and a little bit north i.e. I'm sure it's less busy.

meh, didn't seem that different to me then 4/5 years ago on a cold winter day - and I was out this saturday as well. It's pretty random in the winter I find - and doesn't really correposnong with the current weather.
It can't be deind that a lot of new venus have opened to the west and a little bit north i.e. I'm sure it's less busy.

4-5 years ago I was in the district every weekend. It's a huge difference.

4-5 years ago I was in the district every weekend. It's a huge difference.

I'll take your word for it :) I only have a few experiences here and there (I'm referring to the winter time that is).

It's a huge difference because there are a lot less clubs in the Entertainment District. Far less destinations.

It's a testament to the quality of discussion here that this thread has covered everything in that story in more detail. We told "the untold story" long before NOW got around to it.

Back