from Friday
DSCF6161.jpg

Probably will - there are a lot of parking lots that have gone badly over the past few years.

I'm all for anything that hides Element, but I won't lie - I can't wait until something pops up on the west side of this beast... the massing is downright offensive. Empire + G&C... just like clockwork.

with Element and Fly, I would prefer the the original conditions pre-Fly rather than the current conditions with the new bulky building which appears to be just jammed on to the lot with no regards for spacing and separation between towers ... I also do like Element's building design more so than Fly

with Element and Fly, I would prefer the the original conditions pre-Fly rather than the current conditions with the new bulky building which appears to be just jammed on to the lot with no regards for spacing and separation between towers ... I also do like Element's building design more so than Fly

You see can see just as tight, if not tighter, spacing all over the core. For instance, look across the street.

I noticed yesterday that they are painting the undersides of the balconies along Front Street black.

I'm all for anything that hides Element, but I won't lie - I can't wait until something pops up on the west side of this beast... the massing is downright offensive. Empire + G&C... just like clockwork.

Offensive to who? You? Many (myself included) enjoy street walls. The city place towers directly to the south of this lot are much more offensive with their tiny podiums that do a lot less good for the street than this tower's massive base.

As for the parking lot to the north. I don't think much good will come out of it with the amount of anti-shadow hysteria in this city. We should thank the likes of Krystin Wong-Tam for that...

As for the parking lot to the north. I don't think much good will come out of it with the amount of anti-shadow hysteria in this city.
So what you are saying is that if it isn't tall, it isn't good? Not every lot needs to be a skyscraper.

We should thank the likes of Krystin Wong-Tam for that...

And now I think I can hear the distant galloping sound of the cavalry.

As for the parking lot to the north. I don't think much good will come out of it with the amount of anti-shadow hysteria in this city. We should thank the likes of Krystin Wong-Tam for that...

The parking lot to the north of Fly is the enormous one that stretches diagonally all the way from Front and Spadina to Blue Jays way and Wellington.

And I do actually agree that it would be a shame to build something tall enough here to leave Clarence Square park in permanent darkness.

Back