This building would have looked a lot better if it was built as originally proposed. Yet another wonderful gift from those a-holes at City Hall.

Got to love the massively hyperbolic, ignorant and misplaced anger that occasionally creeps up at UT . The folks at City Hall would've loved the podium, which Castlepoint had secured approval for (whether through the OMB or the City, I admittedly don't recall), especially because of the arts centre that would've been located within. It was Ottawa and Queens Park who pulled their funding for it, as a consequence of budget tightening with the financial crash having just hit (remember, this was back in 08/09 when construction started), that ultimately was responsible for the axing of the podium.

For reference:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-settles-for-half-a-libeskind/article4297393/

View from the highway...

3i5s.jpg

The metallic siding is beginning to go onto the separate sliver/entrance just north of the tower's small "podium".

sMT"s two shots remind me of how badly Toronto needs to bury its electrical. Bloody dog's breakfast.

Back