This building would have looked a lot better if it was built as originally proposed. Yet another wonderful gift from those a-holes at City Hall.

Got to love the massively hyperbolic, ignorant and misplaced anger that occasionally creeps up at UT . The folks at City Hall would've loved the podium, which Castlepoint had secured approval for (whether through the OMB or the City, I admittedly don't recall), especially because of the arts centre that would've been located within. It was Ottawa and Queens Park who pulled their funding for it, as a consequence of budget tightening with the financial crash having just hit (remember, this was back in 08/09 when construction started), that ultimately was responsible for the axing of the podium.

For reference:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-settles-for-half-a-libeskind/article4297393/

View from the highway...

3i5s.jpg

The metallic siding is beginning to go onto the separate sliver/entrance just north of the tower's small "podium".

The glass is changing on those last two floor to get glazing.

sMT"s two shots remind me of how badly Toronto needs to bury its electrical. Bloody dog's breakfast.

Back