News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I mean when John Tory had him on board in 2014 he lost the election so I think there is a good chance it happens again.

Huh? Tory won.

The guy has assisted in the last 2 elections victories. He also seems smart enough to realize Tory can to pick up some loose Ford nation by going on the attack against the silent far Left NDP on council and hammering at Keesaats tax intentions which surely isn't something that's going to help her.

The only minds hes changing are voters in Tory favour, those that think its a problem are already voting elsewhere.

A good amount of my Twitter followers hate Tory. Some think he is worse than Rob Ford. However, none of them voted for him in 2014, so I tend to dismiss it.

Huh? Tory won.

A good amount of my Twitter followers hate Tory. Some think he is worse than Rob Ford. However, none of them voted for him in 2014, so I tend to dismiss it.

The twitter-verse is overrun with extreme views and political party operatives paid to influence. By no means should Twitter ever be used to determine reality. Both the far Left wing tweeters hate Tory and far Right wing tweeters hate Tory.

The reason Keesmaat has no chance this election is because people are actually overall happy with Tory and no one is looking for "bold" change at this time. Secession was a gift out of the gate for him to go after as he'll highlight any items that may be seen as polarizing.

The reason none of the other 35 Mayoral candidate have a chance is well, sadly the media already decided there will only be two candidates for us. Yes there is over 30 candidates being completely ignored before Keesmaat even had a platform. Party politics at its worst in this City. Even the Sun has ignored Faith Goldy who would be supported by a sizable portion of extreme readership as their eggs are clearly in Torys basket. Our media is hyper politicized and this has never sat well with me when it comes to fair elections.

Last edited:
I think Goldy could get 8-10% of the vote.

*Could*. And if so, that'd be in token lieu of a hard-right contender a la the Fords.

Whether she gets easy oxygen in the form of debate inclusion; or in the form of people *willingly*, in the face of risk, putting up signage et al for her; is another matter...

The reason none of the other 35 Mayoral candidate have a chance is well, sadly the media already decided there will only be two candidates for us. Yes there is over 30 candidates being completely ignored before Keesmaat even had a platform. Party politics at its worst in this City. Even the Sun has ignored Faith Goldy who would be supported by a sizable portion of extreme readership as their eggs are clearly in Torys basket. Our media is hyper politicized and this has never sat well with me when it comes to fair elections.

You sound like a disgruntled failed candidate yourself ;-)

Certainly the taxes are not the problem but the problem you describe is also why many don't want to compound a dime on top of, the City also has an issue of a lack of trust of how and where the increased tax would be used in an amalgamated City. I for one believe we need to raise taxes for critical service and infrasturure., but even I have a hard time trusting council to be attentive to the needs of my area, not wasting it on "feel good" projects/pet projects, and ensuring equal share. As you mention what would the people on min wage going to vote for with hyper inflation on shelter going on? Tougher sell in a runaway market

The property tax is not the problem.

The problem is the egregious amounts of land wasted on single family detached housing.

This, by the way, is a true inefficiency. Just saying, since that's the word of the year.

You sound like a disgruntled failed candidate yourself ;-)

And you sound like a failed detective and troll.

I'm just a regular engaged citizen who would like to see fair and open races in our democracy for all candidates instead of having them chosen for us and having these other voices completely ignored by media. Crazy talk huh?

Instead of throwing insults maybe you can explain why you believe this type of closed party politics is good for our democracy? Maybe there are some good reasons I haven't thought of... Feel free to try to justify your trolling sarcasm.

Last edited:
*Could*. And if so, that'd be in token lieu of a hard-right contender a la the Fords.

Whether she gets easy oxygen in the form of debate inclusion; or in the form of people *willingly*, in the face of risk, putting up signage et al for her; is another matter...
Bring her on! She certainly won't be taking any votes from Keesmaat, so who'd be losing votes to her? One guess...

Bring her on! She certainly won't be taking any votes from Keesmaat, so who'd be losing votes to her? One guess...

Goldy helps Keesmaat as she can take some Fordnation from Tory making it a bit closer. Still not close, but closer. Likely the reason shes been ignored by some Right wing media who are in with Tory as the easiest path to work with Ford. There are other very good progressive Left candidates who are signed up to run for Mayor that unfortunately would take votes from Keesmaat that are also now completely silenced by the Left

Last edited:
The twitter-verse is overrun with extreme views and political party operatives paid to influence. By no means should Twitter ever be used to determine reality. Both the far Left wing tweeters hate Tory and far Right wing tweeters hate Tory.

The reason Keesmaat has no chance this election is because people are actually overall happy with Tory and no one is looking for "bold" change at this time. Secession was a gift out of the gate for him to go after as he'll highlight any items that may be seen as polarizing.

Yes, aside from Warmington, most other Sun people aren't giving her airtime. Outside of Twitter, she is likely an unknown.

She won't get many votes, even from Ford Nation types.

She won't get many votes, even from Ford Nation types.

As I said, "*Could*. And *if so*", etc...

But I agree there's likely a lot of trollish signal-to-noise here re Goldy; and "marginal" candidates tend to have a dismal record in competitive or semi-competitive Toronto elections--particularly if we consider the likelihood that unlike LeDrew or even Goldkind, she isn't likely to be (and probably shouldn't be, for the sake of decorum et al) included in major-media debates.

Though of course, the one subtle critical thing that'd grant her "legitimacy" is if polling companies actually include Faith Goldy together with Tory and Keesmaat in voting-intention questions. *Don't* include her; and the threat she represents dissipates substantially...

https://www.twitter.com/normsworld/status/1026525511130988544

Tory is absolutely shameless. He clearly has a backroom deal with Ford and all that fighting it in the court stuff is a lie.

Both John Tory and Doug Ford are Progressive Conservatives.

However, John Tory is more on the PROGRESSIVE side of the Progressive Conservatives. John used to be an assistant to Premier Bill Davis. John knows how to get things done.

Doug Ford is more on the CONSERVATIVE side of the Progressive Conservatives. Only because of nepotism because Doug's father, Douglas Ford Sr., was a one-term backbencher on the the Mike Harris government. No real non-nepotism work on Doug Ford Jr.'s part.

Back