News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This is the first comment on the Toronto Sun page "Rob Dobson
Ahhhhh, the air downtown smells so fresh and clean today. Good riddance piggies.
Like · Reply · 3 · 20m"

Fords base is all about chaos, shooting from the hip and rules for everyone else...

Given there's nothing to be gleaned from the guy via the FB link, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bot, or a Russian troll, or whatever.

That means his relative power will go up from 28% to 50%.
lol...do you like playing card tricks too?

You overlook the obvious: So does the "power" ( a misnomer, but I won't belabour the point) of the other 25 councillors. By the 'math' you espouse, 'zero sum game' is a new dip for chicken flied lice.

Now, getting back to the 'old curriculum' when 1+1 = A Happy Marriage if Christian and Male/Female...

Last edited:
I learned not to get my hopes up when everyday on here I heard reports of the crack video surfacing and nothing showing up until it was too late. Its more likely Doug goes to all you can eat rib night and dies of a heart attack then his people turning on him. I wouldn't mind that scenario by the way.

Actually, given the way things are going, don't be surprised if there's an attempt on his life. (And an *actual* one, not a false-flag scare like the City Hall "bomb threat".)

I mean this is a good conspiracy theory about Tory I am just not sure it holds up. Like I am pretty sure Doug Ford would have rather not had to do this notwithstanding clause thing that is only necessary because John Tory advocated publicly that the city should help with the lawsuit. It is a lot of wasted time for something that he supports.
Everyone knew that the court challenge would lose.
That was the advice of the City solicitor.
That was the opinion of every legal expert that was interviewed.
Nobody thought the judge could go through the mental gymnastics to overrule the province.
I am sure that Tory was well figured the challenge didn't have a chance.

First off, the Mayor will now have 1/26th of the total vote on Council, compared to 1/47th.
Assuming things stay relatively the same 13 member Executive Council will increase from
That means his relative power will go up from 28% to 50%. Basically, Executive Committee, which Tory chooses, has the majority.

So why not eliminate council altogether and just have a provincially appointed chairman?

Pffft, there you go talking a bunch of nonsense again.

Please elaborate or stop smearing the good man.

If you somehow think Tory is a good man after his despicable term as a mayor then that just points to a lack of critical thinking ability.
The attempts to differentiate Tory from Ford are desperate. They are both scum equally, working for the same agenda - maybe just using different style, which might be working on some.

First off, the Mayor will now have 1/26th of the total vote on Council, compared to 1/47th.
Assuming things stay relatively the same 13 member Executive Council will increase from
That means his relative power will go up from 28% to 50%. Basically, Executive Committee, which Tory chooses, has the majority.

....again, you're saying things that don't support your statement.

How does any of that necessarily lead to a better council?
What's a "better council"?
You haven't qualified the term.

If you somehow think Tory is a good man after his despicable term as a mayor then that just points to a lack of critical thinking ability.
The attempts to differentiate Tory from Ford are desperate. They are both scum equally, working for the same agenda - maybe just using different style, which might be working on some.

Right. Despicable? Not ineffectual? Just straight despicable?

This is your elaborating on the concept? Why bother, you're not demonstrating any similarities, just talking a bunch of rubbish.

I'm happy to learn that my critical thinking abilities are wanting. Learn something new every day.

Carry on....though I say your response says more about you than it does about Tory.

Last edited:

Tory did not do enough over the last 4 years but the man is not scum.

Tory has a generally spotless personal life. He has been married to the same lady for 40 years and didn't end up in rehab.

Gio Mammoliti for Reeve of Toronto!

Remember when Harris used to dismiss school boards who refused to run a balanced budget?

He could suspend council and appoint a city supervisor, wrapped up with a big s.33 bow on top.

A little like Thatcher abolishing the GLC in the 1980s?

Tory is a fine balance of the suburban and Urban even with his flaws...

Pretty much you either get Fords and Lastman types or Olivia Chow and Keesemat types

Tory is a fine balance of the suburban and Urban even with his flaws...

Pretty much you either get Fords and Lastman types or Olivia Chow and Keesemat types

One of those does not belong.

....Keesmaat, obviously....she's far and above the rest of those.

That's a sad outlook though. Wow. If those were the two choice-groups for perpetuity.....we can just give up now.

Back