News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Poor example, as Earl Bales Park is a stunning example of what can be done:
Earl Bales Park Free Summer Concert Series - James Pasternak

Earl Bales Park Free Summer Concert Series. Enjoy free entertainment and music all summer long at the Barry Zukerman Amphitheatre in Earl Bales Park.

@ShonTron writes in his blog:

https://seanmarshall.ca/2017/04/07/exploring-earl-bales-park/

I think this actually makes a great case for going for the pitch-and-putt model of golf, assuming there's interest among golfers.

It cuts land area requirements by 85% so you can preserve a cheaper option for those with an enthusiasm for that sort of game while also adding significant natural area, storm water retention/treatment, cycling/multi-use trails, maybe mountain biking,
hiking and possibly even an urban camp ground.

Today's announcement from Ms. Keesmaat:

https://www.jenniferkeesmaat.com/greencityplan

Its actually a very reasonable, do-able commitment to green Toronto's streets as reconstruction and resurfacing occur.

She cites the examples of Queensway sidewalks done w/silva cells and storm water infiltration design; as well as the rain garden parkette at Coxwell and Fairford (Upper Gerrard)

She wants to green Toronto's streets? Tell here to come up to Northeast Scarborough and have residents re-plant the lawns that they ripped up to park their cars!

Turnout will be lower this year. Many Torontonians have not really been engaged in this race, and the stakes just don't seem as high this time when Tory seems pretty bland, non-controversial and nearly certain to coast to victory.

I have to think low voter turnout will hurt Tory, and likely help candidates like Keesmaat and, yes, Faith Goldy.

It's highly unlikely that it would give Keesmaat the huge boost she needs though.

Filth Moldy minions crashed another debate, but Tory and Keesmaat weren't there. Probably for the best.

I have to think low voter turnout will hurt Tory, and likely help candidates like Keesmaat and, yes, Faith Goldy.

It's highly unlikely that it would give Keesmaat the huge boost she needs though.

This election is done, thankfully. But we have a major s-storm brewing for next election. Seriously a candidate polling in 3rd whos been on full media & debate blackout is happening. Some moderates better step up on both sides, I really cant even imagine 2022

Last edited:
Poor example, as Earl Bales Park is a stunning example of what can be done:
Earl Bales Park Free Summer Concert Series - James Pasternak

Earl Bales Park Free Summer Concert Series. Enjoy free entertainment and music all summer long at the Barry Zukerman Amphitheatre in Earl Bales Park.

@ShonTron writes in his blog:

https://seanmarshall.ca/2017/04/07/exploring-earl-bales-park/

Fair enough, was more a general example. And more specific to the actual hill not the general area. Like say if someone said we should remove the ski facilities and put in a series of switchback trails I think it'd be worthy to be contentions.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm open to an aspect of Keesmaat's point. That'd be allowing public access through the golf courses. This would be really good for Dentonia since it's a solid wall in the Taylor Ck system. And to an extent Don Valley, though that wouldn't open much since it's stonewalled by Rosedale (private) downstream. As a general idea allowing a public trail through Flemingdon and Donalda (both private unfortunately) would be really worth discussion just because of what it opens up. Steeles to the lake all through the valley. *That* would be interesting.

Remember the debate in 2014, where Doug Ford fans got so unruly that most people left before it was over? What happened tonight was worse. I can only imagine how 2022 will be if/when a certain person decides to run for mayor again.

I think it’s really sad that poor residents can’t get into yachting too. Maybe we should put a few public yacht clubs in near priority neighbourhoods to change that.

You say this facetiously, but there are many public marinas in Toronto, and there is a sailing club at Bluffers Park you can get into for $350 per year ($700 if you own a boat). Comes with free parking for Bluffers too!

This is going downhill fast.

The plebs can ski for an hour for $16 under 19 or over 60, or $19.50 for the rest of us. See link.

Back