News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I'm not sure if this former retail spot is coming down or they're just making it smaller. Would be a nice spot for a cafe with a big patio facing the

I live in the building and the property manager said it is going to be a starbucks. I always hoped for a french cafe/bistro. I guess we have La Societe now in the hood.

Bloor & St. George. I believe this will be the new Brooks Brothers Store.

brooks.jpg

This is the old Uptown Sales office and former Uptown theatre. It had For Lease signs up for a long time but now they've come down. I'm hoping for a mid to high end retailer so that this section of Yonge can start picking up some of the spillover from Bloor.

uptownsales.jpg

Going to be a great looking store here in that heritage building. It's so bizarre to see a big time retailer in this location but it could be the start of a trend and the continuing evolution of the entertainment district.

marshalls.jpg

Fall 2012? Really? That's crazy. I had hoped they had started working on it a long time ago, but I guess not.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M6J 1V3

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 317550 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 29, 2011

Project: Retail Store Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal for multiple projects to an existing 2 storey building used for mercantile. Proposal includes interior alterations to all floors and alterations to the storefront. New tenant is "Comrags Dundas".

This is the old Uptown Sales office and former Uptown theatre. It had For Lease signs up for a long time but now they've come down. I'm hoping for a mid to high end retailer so that this section of Yonge can start picking up some of the spillover from Bloor.

uptownsales.jpg

It's going to be a Rogers store. How dull.

It's going to be a Rogers store. How dull.

Yes and no ...

Yes because .. well it's Rogers :)

No because, there are many 'unique' stores on this strip, they're not lacking.
Secondly, residents downtown need these amenities. Too often we think we want strips with unique stores and nothing else, but that doesn't create a neighborhoods that are livable (sure they're enjoyable to a tourist).

Another reason, big chains like this tend to do more to refurbish the buildings they occupy as opposed to smaller unique stores, so its kind of nice to have a big chain come in first and fix up the building.

Yes and no ...

Yes because .. well it's Rogers :)

No because, there are many 'unique' stores on this strip, they're not lacking.
Secondly, residents downtown need these amenities. Too often we think we want strips with unique stores and nothing else, but that doesn't create a neighborhoods that are livable (sure they're enjoyable to a tourist).

Another reason, big chains like this tend to do more to refurbish the buildings they occupy as opposed to smaller unique stores, so its kind of nice to have a big chain come in first and fix up the building.

Okay, I get what you mean, but I'll take the bait.

I guess my problem with this outlet is that there are already four locations to purchase Rogers products already in the hood (let alone the countless other cell phone operators stands within a 4 minute walk from here): at the Rogers store at Bloor & Jarvis, at the outlet on Yorkville across from the Yorkville Library, and at the Source store below the RBC at Yonge & Bloor, and the Source store in Cumberland terrace.

I suppose the big bucks will allow for further renovation, but it seems the facade and interior were fairly well taken care of as the Uptown sales office.

Okay, I get what you mean, but I'll take the bait.

I guess my problem with this outlet is that there are already four locations to purchase Rogers products already in the hood (let alone the countless other cell phone operators stands within a 4 minute walk from here): at the Rogers store at Bloor & Jarvis, at the outlet on Yorkville across from the Yorkville Library, and at the Source store below the RBC at Yonge & Bloor, and the Source store in Cumberland terrace.

I suppose the big bucks will allow for further renovation, but it seems the facade and interior were fairly well taken care of as the Uptown sales office.

Aren't the Source stores now owned by Bell? Pretty sure you can't get anything Rogers through them any more...

Bloor & St. George. I believe this will be the new Brooks Brothers Store.

brooks.jpg

the first floor windows are now covered over with brown paper... and walking by at night, i noticed that directly above, the 2nd floor appears to be gutted. is this store going to be 2 storeys?

the first floor windows are now covered over with brown paper... and walking by at night, i noticed that directly above, the 2nd floor appears to be gutted. is this store going to be 2 storeys?

My understanding is that, yes, it will be two floors. Although, according to Cushman & Wakefield's report, they only leased 2,000 sq. ft. I'm just not sure how big the main floor is.

I just saw that Sam James Coffee Bar is coming to the PATH under the Sunlife building. I can barely contain myself. Finally, good espresso in the Financial District. About time!

Back