News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I suspect there may be some delay on moving in new stores until after the renovations are complete. There are several vacant spots at FCP right now with no indication as to what stores might be coming, and I doubt whether a high end store would want to move in right now, with the whole concourse in flux with construction hoarding going up and coming down constantly. The GAP store is also on the lower floor, where the higher-end stores (with the exception of the two-floor Harry Rosen) are mostly on the upper floor (and there are vacancies up there, too).

Incidentally, regarding the GAP, there's no indication on the store itself that it's closing.

^ There is a sign posted on a stand in the doorway that says "We'll Miss You. We're closing and look forward to seeing you at another location." It was the reason for my original post.

^ There is a sign posted on a stand in the doorway that says "We'll Miss You. We're closing and look forward to seeing you at another location." It was the reason for my original post.

I noticed on my way in this morning that there are now signs up announcing an expansion of Harry Rosen on the lobby level, completion date of fall '12. They are on the hoarding that recently went up that blocks the access back to the FCP gallery, and extend as far as the space that used to house Mephisto. I haven't been downstairs yet to see if there are similar signs in place down there, but that could explain the closure of the GAP. If they do indeed expand to fill in this space, it will mean a significant reconfiguration of that particular corner of the retail area.

PharmaPlus will be moving into the Gap's old location. I don't know however what will be moving into PharmaPlus.

Just an update from my earlier message: There's no indication that Harry Rosen's expansion upstairs will be replicated downstairs, so the PharmaPlus news makes sense. I wonder whether they'll also take over the old FCP Concierge spot just north of the GAP space

Not sure. I can maybe find out though!

That would give them a nice rectangular spot. The Gap was deeper on the east end because of the "bite" taken out by the smaller shop most recently occupied by the FCP concierge (and before that, a jewellery store I quite liked)

Panera opened up today and it was packed. Great addition to this area.

panera.jpg

The FCP GAP is now closed. That went quickly! (at least compared to the Fairweather....)

The Source is also now closed with very little warning. That's in the same block of stores that the GAP was in, so the only remaining open store in that block is the newsstand. Really makes me wonder whether if Rexall is moving into the GAP space they will take the entire block (which would include the old Source store, the vacant spot where Karir used to be, and the FCP concierge spot)--and whether the newsstand might be on its way out, too.

Last edited:
The Source is also now closed with very little warning. That's in the same block of stores that the GAP was in, so the only remaining open store in that block is the newsstand. Really makes me wonder whether if Rexall is moving into the GAP space they will take the entire block (which would include the old Source store, the vacant spot where Karir used to be, and the FCP concierge spot)--and whether the newsstand might be on its way out, too.

And the updates keep coming fast and furious. Signs are up for Lasik MD coming soon in the old Fairweather spot. Across the way, a coming soon sign is up for Gateway News. As that's the same newsstand that's just down the escalators and that is the last occupant of the GAP/Source block, I suspect the entire block is beeing freed up for Rexall (or at the very least, for a complete reno of the block). JasonParis - maybe you can confirm?

Last edited:
FAC33 may have caught this already, but B. Sleuth & Statesman at FCP is closed (they have another location in the Exchange Tower).

FAC33 may have caught this already, but B. Sleuth & Statesman at FCP is closed (they have another location in the Exchange Tower).

Nope, you beat me to it. I'd normally walk by it all the time, but since they blocked out the area for the Harry Rosen expansion, I've been taking the other way 'round.

One fresh update: La Senza in the TD Centre is closing. (There seems to be churn at the TD Centre as well, as the Grand and Toy has temporarily relocated, the Laura Secord has closed, and Baskits is looking like they might be on the way out)

That entire stretch of the PATH should have much better stores than it does so I see these closures as a sign of good things to come. The opening of Swarovski, the Harry Rosen expansion, etc are a good start.

Back