from today
20111231003.jpg

Wow. A landmark for Yonge and Bloor! Love it or hate it this one will make a statement.

Looks fluid and organic, but it's more sophisticated than most Miami or Panamanian designs. Reminds me a bit of Aqua in Chicago from the top down, but with glass balconies instead of iron.

I'm not missing it. The roofline now seems to resolve the elements of the facade better.

Another render suggesting we've lost the sloped roof...

... what do you mean by sloped roof? the fins being sloped or an actual roof that covers mech?... the fins always were hollow/were to stick out at the top to form the "slanted effect"...

but if you mean the fins not being sloped anymore, then ya, this perspective surely looks it.... But in all honesty, i don't miss it either. i find that it will fit in better with the surroundings of flat rooftops, and, besides, we already are getting plenty of big sloped roof towers that stand out on our skyline like Aura and the ritz.

EDIT
And ya, this one has plenty of elements that could make it better than aqua. it has a better looking curtain wall (as far as the renders go... shiny and awesome), a bitter roof approach (rather than a flat roof that ends abruptly ilke aqua), and a better podium by far.
it all comes down to execution/materials.... ladies and gents, we have a winner!!!... my biggest complaint is that we are still YEARS AWAY from seeing it.

Last edited:
And more want more flat roofs? Really? Aren't we all usually complaining of boring boxes and mech's that look like an afterthought.
(Plus, Aura definitely has a flat roof as well)

lol. i know, me personally, i don't complain about boxes unless they're anything short of Bay Adelaide (it's COMPLETELY a box.. four seasons is also box but gets points for setbacks)... just imagine a box with cladding worse than bay adelaide... i think Bay Adelaide sets the standard for what an acceptable box is. it is the king of all boxes.

lol. i know, me personally, i don't complain about boxes unless they're anything short of Bay Adelaide (it's COMPLETELY a box.. four seasons is also box but gets points for setbacks)... just imagine a box with cladding worse than bay adelaide... i think Bay Adelaide sets the standard for what an acceptable box is. it is the king of all boxes.

No its the duke of boxes. The king of boxes is TD, the oversized prince of boxes is FCP and the duke (not even in line for the throne) is BAC

(Plus, Aura definitely has a flat roof as well)

Those renders show the ground view perspective, which doesn't depict the roofline very well, since Aura in fact has a sloped roof;

highrise02main.jpg

G+C website

shots taken from outside presentation centre ~

Northwest View
IMG_0719.jpg

Southwest View
IMG_0720.jpg

Also seen here; http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...struction_100423/20100423/?hub=TorontoNewHome

And steveve you forgot about the most dramatically sloped roof top yet to come; L tower's!

So Trump is a box wearing a dunce cap?

Back