^ The as of right zoning permits a building height of 265.45m to the top of the main roof, subject to building siting parameters on the property. Therefore the extra 5 storeys fits do not require a height variance (assuming the final height is less than 265.45 m with the extra storeys).

Last edited:
^ The as of right zoning permits a building height of 265.45m to the top of the main roof, subject to building siting parameters on the property. Therefore the extra 5 storeys fits do not require a height variance (assuming the final height is less than 265.45 m with the extra storeys).

Huh, i wonder if thats why Aura has decided to add the 3 extra floors.

so then i assume they were shy of the GFA max as well?

I assume so to. The By-law was passed based on the Bazis proposal that was taller and had defined floorplate sizes (ie. building envelopes for tower, mid-rise section, and podium). Great Gulf may have maximized the permitted GFA for non-residential uses.

1bj21.jpg

hopefully we'll hit bottom by july-august... with the foundation/bottom levels 2-3 floors up by the end of the year

So 11 months to get 2 floors built from rock bottom...is that not snails pace:confused:

it is a snails pace, and it's suppose to be...
i may not be correct on that one, but just look at U condos and how slow that's going. i understand the site is a bit larger than One Bloor, but even still that one is moving next-level slow. i don't even know when that one broke ground,

i don't think we'll hit ground level until spring 2013 (is that the estimate from great gulf?)

So I guess the 75 storey thingy was just a story?

They got word from the developer an extra 5 floors will be added, saying that they are getting ready with the marketing for it 'the last five floors in the sky' or something like that. They specifically tweeted (beyond just saying it's happening) about this a week or two ago, I can't seem to locate it though, and don't feel like looking for it, seeing as they tweet like 50 times as days I am not in the mood to sift through a thousand tweets.

They got word from the developer an extra 5 floors will be added, saying that they are getting ready with the marketing for it 'the last five floors in the sky' or something like that. They specifically tweeted (beyond just saying it's happening) about this a week or two ago, I can't seem to locate it though, and don't feel like looking for it, seeing as they tweet like 50 times as days I am not in the mood to sift through a thousand tweets.

so then what's the verdict??

Back