13 February 2009 photo update

30 minutes ago I peered outside to see what's going on in the rest of the universe:

DSC00482-2.jpg

Is it just me, or have all of urbandreamer's shots of the last several days been unviewable because of exceeded bandwidth at Photobucket?

It begs the question 'why use crappy stinkin' ole clogged bandwidth artery Photobucket'?

And it's only been posted for 10 minutes! It's not like this forum gets monstrous traffic. How low are the limits‽

What I find weird: at my home/office I can view the photos I post from my photobucket accounts; yet at my gf's, or elsewhere, I can't see them. Weird. So, what's up here? (I have Roger's Extreme--does isp have anything to do with it? Not a geek sorry.)

(Ps, since I don't make a penny from these photos, I am not paying the $25 fee.) I won't have time to fix the problem--aka, open a new photobucket account, until Sunday at the earliest, as I am very busy at the moment. Sorry.)

pss: other than photobucket and flickr (which I hate), are there any other free photo hosting sites?

Last edited:
Well, if you're not willing to pay the fee to display your photos (which will be available again when? The end of the month?), why post them?

Flickr is the same by the way - but only $48 if you pay for 2 years at once. Think of the chocolate bar you could enjoy!

^I can see the photos on my screen, which is puzzling. However, photobucket says all photos will be availabe on 18 February--that's pretty soon, imo. Considering the number of photos I've posted, I find it amusing when ppl whine about some temporary problem.... Now, $25 isn't too much money, I'm aware. But y'all have no idea how freaking cheap I am.:) ps, I'm allergic to chocolate.

Sorry to hear about the chocolate allergy.

...but the unviewable pics, well, that's another thing altogether. It's not a big problem when it's just the odd photo, but UD, sometimes you post on a dozen threads in a row, and then it's a bit of a pain. So don't be so cheap already!

ya, I already sent him a pm about that... you get a lot of mileage out of that $25 and you help employ a couple IT guys somewhere.

UD - the bandwidth warning has nothing to do with your connection or ours... its that you have too many Megs worth of content linked to photobucket's server. Come on...do we need to take up a collection for you?

I got a letter from Pinnacle yesterday, my Possession/Occupancy Date will be May 15th, 2009. I phoned to find out how realistic this was, since the crane is still on the building, and was assured that my interium closing date is May 15th with PDI coming on or around April 15th. They opened the underground parking garage for Paid Public Parking and there is a new exit from the parking garage that faces onto Bay Street.

(I have Roger's Extreme--does isp have anything to do with it? Not a geek sorry.)

Flickr is the same by the way - but only $48 if you pay for 2 years at once. Think of the chocolate bar you could enjoy!

Rogers users get free Flickr pro accounts through Rogers-Yahoo (Yahoo owns Flickr). :)

Success 1, new floor count?

Not that this is that important, but I think the new floor count for Success One is 56. 58 if you include the mechanical floor. This should make it about 570 - 580ft. high. Can anyone confirm this adjustment?

Back