News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Take a picture ASP as I not in town this week.

Sorry, I don't live nearby and can't get back for a while. On my way home past there I saw someone had made a feeble attempt to cover it up with white paper, but you can see right through it!

Wychwood Stop Photos

Take a picture ASP as I not in town this week.
Here's a couple of photos. It was just getting dark causing my flash to go off. Those reflectors are great.

Attachments

• Wychwood WB Stop.jpg
    Wychwood WB Stop.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 312
  • Close Up.jpg
    Close Up.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 294
This is sign of things to come.

If they can't even get the signs right, what does that tell us for the future of TC

July 6

July 06-09 visit

One more section of concrete base to be pour and Phase II will connect to Phase III.

TTC crews are installing a couple of blocks of tracks to the west starting at Glenholme.

I'm surprise that the Glenholme intersection is not open as it has been ready for over a week. I guess asphalt will be place when they pave the westbound lanes to the west.

The final section of the existing tracks where the rail were store are in the process of been torn out. Once this is done, then TTC will have tracks to Lansdowne loop. From the looks of things, all track work/ROW will not be completed until August now. This will leave the platforms issue.

The tracks and Y switch at Oakwood have been install allowing TTC to run cars through the Oakwood loop. A small section of top coat stills has to be pour on the through tracks. The north side of the road has been removed and waiting concrete once cable ducts are in place.

The sidewalks on the north side at the intersection have been rebuilt.

The westbound lanes from Christie St to Arlington have been pour and waiting asphalt. Concrete being pour for the side streets connecting to the lanes today.

All the sidewalk work is finish up to this point.

Sidewalk work is still taking place on the south side at Wychwood intersection as well to the west. Should be finish by the weekend.

The support base for TTC poles at Christie Platforms are almost in place and should see concrete pour for them this week. Wychwood ones are done.

Part of the eastbound lane over by Vaughan Rd was been remove.

The Oakwood signage for Wychwood is still there and cannot be miss. Oh......my....... No glass or railing install for this platform as well the one at Christie.

512 will be on detour this weekend from Oakwood to Christie for Salsa on St. Clair. No notices up other than last weekend ones. Drivers have large signs telling them about the closure.

Rest of the south side sidewalk from Wychwood to Arlington will get underway next week. This should take the work into August for completion.

Photo's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhNkgHGjG0

Thanks for the update, drum. I haven't seen St. Clair in a while, it's good to know that things are getting done (however slowly they are progressing!) However, I can't imagine they'll be running streetcars anytime soon.

Thanks for the update, drum. I haven't seen St. Clair in a while, it's good to know that things are getting done (however slowly they are progressing!) However, I can't imagine they'll be running streetcars anytime soon.

I keep saying Oakwood this year by Nov, Lansdowne late spring-early summer 2010, Gunns 2010-11, Jane 2020.

I've been to Oakwood/I've been to Wychwood/I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold

July 12-09:

An update on phase II work for St Clair ROW.

All sidewalk between Vaughan Rd and Chistie St on the south side is finish less pavers.

Only haft of the 2 block eastbound lanes have been torn up. Work is underway for the eastbound platform at Wychwood is underway.

Pavers were installed for Westbound platform at Christie St as well Arlington Ave.

The westbound lanes have been pave up to Atlas and mark for this weekend event. Oakwood intersection has been rebuilt and pave on the north side. The old tracks west of Oakwood have been remove.

The real push to Oakwood starts Monday for the South side and then the north from Atlas.

Could not notices how bad the south side sidewalks were tag compare to the north

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyX7WVwbuw

I was talking to someone today and was told TTC is now looking at mid Jan 2010 or early Feb for service to Lansdowne.

A lot will be is how much sidewalk is finish by mid Nov since the City does not want this work to be done after then as it will fail faster. Same with the road, but can live with it if it happens.

2009-04-27_notice_mcroberts_ford.jpg

StClairROW-Phase4.jpg

This was the schedule that was sent out to people living in the neighbourhood. Although the sidewalk construction in Phase 4 started in early May, it's already 50% completed. I can see streetcars going to Lansdowne by October/November if construction continues to proceed without delay. The only thing that I believe will hold up the completion of the project through to Gunns is the track/road reconstruction in Phase 4. The thing is that sidewalk reconstruction in Phase 3 & 4 are not far behind eachother, road reconstruction is significantly behindin P4, while streetcar track reconstruction should wrap up in P3 fairly shortly with P4's track completed up to Caledonia. Looking at past trends in the speed of construction this year, P3 track excavation began Feb 26th of this year and is currently nearing completion 5 months later. It shouldn't be too hard to believe that track reconstruction can make it's way to Gunns loop before 2010.

Phase IV has been below my radar. A large amount of work has taken place since my last visit 2 weeks ago and more than I expected.

All sidewalk work is done up to Sliverthorn as well the curb lanes on both sides.

The north sidewalk is completed to within a haft of a block of Old Weston Rd.

The ROW and tracks have been extended to the west side of Caledonia Rd.

Trees been cut down in front of the car dealership.

I shot video's of Phase II and IV, but Win 7 crashes when I try to view them as well trying to up load them to Youtube at this time.

All the poles for both phases are store at Lansdowne.

Most of the south side sidewalk is completed up to Arlington without viewing the video's for Phase II.

Wychwood intersection is close as concrete has been pour and should be open later this week after paving has taken place. Still haft of block to be pour to get the road up to Christie.

Concrete has been pour up to Phase III for the ROW.

Phase IV photo's

Back