I thought the shrinkage gave them more units - thus to meet the permitted density they had to circumcise the tower.

I thought the shrinkage gave them more units - thus to meet the permitted density they had to circumcise the tower.

That's only true if the top covering of the tower were removed in the process.

Shrinkage is caused by the cold. I'll let others speculate as to what this could mean.

Now that the building has been reduced in size I guess, eh?

Nope... about the same. In regards to the number of suites we are selling, we're back to about where we first started when we went to market in Sept. 2004 (379 suites now vs. 383 suites then).

a) When we first announced the project in April 2004... at 68-stories, we had:

229 hotel condominiums
109 residences
338 total suites

b) We increased the height to 70-stories, and made some changes to the hotel configuration when sales began in September 2004:

265 hotel condominiums
118 residences
383 total suites

c) Late in 2005, because the hotel condominium sales were going so well, and requests from customers for smaller residences (our smallest was initially 2,226-sq. ft., later revised to 1,295-sq. ft.), we added a few more hotel units and changed several of the residential floors from 3/4-units per floor to 6-units per floor. The revised 70-story configuration became the following (though about 50% of the residences were never released/offerred for sale-- held for post-construction inventory and over-density concerns):

291 hotel condominiums
147 residences
438 total suites
(and obviously over the density initially approved by the city)

d) In 2007 we made a few revisions to get the density back in line, as well as address a few technical issues with the building... we are now at:

261 hotel condominiums
118 residences
379 total suites

So, basically, we're back to where we started in Sept. 2004, just a few floors and 140 ft. less., but close to the same density.

Excellent update, thanks TT

Maybe the Donald will come up and bust a window or two for the cameras.

Its been dead in there the past few months. once in a while when I walked by there would be somone or at the very least the sales agent, but nothing recently, and I walk past five days a week.

Come now UD, you don't believe that the 35 year old North York native became an international steel magnate through hard work and determination? But it sounds so plausible to me!

Its been dead in there the past few months. once in a while when I walked by there would be somone or at the very least the sales agent, but nothing recently, and I walk past five days a week.

The sales team are getting things ready for the move to the new sales center location a couple of blocks away. And in September... the sales centre you see right now... will be gone :)

Back