I wonder if this building will block out one or both towers of Ice, from Centre Island? It would be a shame if it blocked out both towers and their wonderful roofs, from the skyline.

Dec 31
11701968216_f48d542d37_b.jpg

11701973226_9f7baa4fe4_b.jpg

11701464983_59592784f1_b.jpg

11701978076_176a7f1d5e_b.jpg

The drive down the Gardiner will not be the same again..

It hasn't been for a while now. Usually I'm the driver, but wasn't feeling so hot yesterday, so I got my hubby to drive, and for once in years, I was the passenger. Returning from my folks in Burlington, we approached the city along the Gardiner, I couldn't believe my eyes. Guess when you're driving you miss a lot of detail, but it literally looks like an entirely different city, I was floored! One the York towers under construction are complete, the Gardiner will seem more like a tunnel then a raised highway. We don't have to worry about burying the highway, it's slowly happening already. And, once and if 1-7 Yonge is built, the highway will feel like ground level compared to 80+ story towers. As a side note, a friend sent me a picture of our skyline, sans our main identifier, the CN Tower, and asked me what city it was to see if I would recognize it. I was stumped! It was taken at an angle so that FCP, and other major towers, we're not visible. All you can see are the new towers, and looks nothing like the Toronto I know, I was amazed at just how much, and how fast, our skyline has completely changed. Unfortunately, I lost the picture, I know many of you are photographic geniuses, anyone care to duplicate what I just mentioned and see what the reaction is?

I didn't realize how close together Ten York and 1 York/Habour Plaza are. The sites are literally right beside one another! Can't believe that over the next 3 years this already impressive Gardener drive will have a new 535ft office tower, and three 700ft+ towers. The drive will be even that much more impressive.

It hasn't been for a while now. Usually I'm the driver, but wasn't feeling so hot yesterday, so I got my hubby to drive, and for once in years, I was the passenger. Returning from my folks in Burlington, we approached the city along the Gardiner, I couldn't believe my eyes. Guess when you're driving you miss a lot of detail, but it literally looks like an entirely different city, I was floored! One the York towers under construction are complete, the Gardiner will seem more like a tunnel then a raised highway. We don't have to worry about burying the highway, it's slowly happening already. And, once and if 1-7 Yonge is built, the highway will feel like ground level compared to 80+ story towers. As a side note, a friend sent me a picture of our skyline, sans our main identifier, the CN Tower, and asked me what city it was to see if I would recognize it. I was stumped! It was taken at an angle so that FCP, and other major towers, we're not visible. All you can see are the new towers, and looks nothing like the Toronto I know, I was amazed at just how much, and how fast, our skyline has completely changed. Unfortunately, I lost the picture, I know many of you are photographic geniuses, anyone care to duplicate what I just mentioned and see what the reaction is?

You make me wish that the Gardiner was a long strip of public park. The views would be incredible.

Seeing how well the Hallmark Centre turned out, I now have slightly higher hopes for this project. Please make it count Tridel!

Hullmark Centre is Hullmark Developments' premier development. 300 Front is more apt comparison.

This thing better not looking anything like 300 Front. I hope Tridel would up their game given the high profile location, height, and partnership with the city. Let's cross our fingers.

Back