The earlier the better! I am excited to see how this one turns out. The only negative is that it will kind of block the beautiful ICE towers from view, especially on certain angles from the island, which is TO's best skyline shot IMO. Hopefully Tridel uses some higher end materials for this one. If they start construction within the next month that is awesome :)

And why does it say 69+1 stories on the city of Toronto's website? I thought this was 65 stories?

The application status pages have been known to have typos in them. They aren't legal documents. If we find a legal document or hear word "officially" that the building's height has been increased, we will change the count in the thread title, but not before.

The application status pages have been known to have typos in them. They aren't legal documents. If we find a legal document or hear word "officially" that the building's height has been increased, we will change the count in the thread title, but not before.

Confirmation of a change at the committee of adjustments in October. It says 67-storeys plus mechanical. The minutes might explain if this one did indeed grow to 69.

http://www1.toronto.ca/staticfiles/...oronto/Files/pdf/C/cofa_tey_agenda_9oct13.pdf page 12

Equipment on site and the show is about to begin:cool:

Sweet! While I am not huge on the design, (not sold yet at least), once this one is complete and the Menkes Harbour plaza, along with ICE, we will have some very serious density down there. Should be intersting to walk through this area in a few years...

Will any of the CBD even be visible from the islands after these are all complete?

Well maybe?, but a couple of similar towers @ 30 Bay, and the proposed development on 1 Yonge will take care of that.

I always thought for a skyline point of view, Toronto's new downtown skyscrapers concentrate too much along the Yonge-Bay-York corridor, and these buildings end up blocking each other.

They will look better if planned a bit spread out between say Jarvis and Spadina. For some reason, there is hardly any skyscrapers east of Yonge st (except a very limited number)

Do these people on the DRP get paid? And if so, how does one get that job?
From the City website, I think they are NOT paid, but may get a small per diem.

Design Review Panel

The Design Review Panel is comprised of private sector design professionals – architects, landscape architects, urban designers and engineers – who provide independent, objective advice to city staff aimed at improving matters of design that affect the public realm. This includes matters such as preserving the uniqueness of place, maintaining vitality, ensuring comfort and safety, and making new development compatible with its surroundings. The Panel provides advice for both private development and public projects, including advice on new urban design policy. Advice is based on professional judgment, understanding of good design principles, conformance with the Official Plan and other related documents (design guidelines, secondary plans etc.), and the design quality of the subject project.

Old Photo... by me

11472501154_9a3917e42a_b.jpg

Back