Today:

IMG_2026.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,019
after these towers are completed this area will look awesome while entering Toronto.

Awesome shot! That corridor is turning into one of our most impressive canyons

Awesome shot! That corridor is turning into one of our most impressive canyons

Agreed! I can only imagine how it will feel driving through it once all four towers are built. As a side note, one thing few take into account, those drivers who suffer from claustrophobia may have some difficulty, perhaps even panic attacks, when driving through this soon to be "Scraper Canyon". We (my partner and I) had a similar experience driving in his country's capital city, San Salvador, El Salvador. There's a highway there, very similar to the Gardiner, that encircles part of the downtown core, with many buildings, tightly packed against the highway on both sides. Granted, they were only about 10 stories, but enough to give my mother in law, who's very claustrophobic, a wicked panic attack while stuck in rush hour traffic. She said it felt like the buildings were closing in on her. Given the soaring heights of our buildings, I'm wondering if it will have the same effects (or worse) on the drivers here? Any thoughts?

I still can't believe this design was approved. It's not often you see 65 story walls of concrete and spandrel being built, but hey it's Toronto. No shame here, next thing you know we'll be building our skyscrapers out of cow patties.

I still can't believe this design was approved. It's not often you see 65 story walls of concrete and spandrel being built, but hey it's Toronto. No shame here, next thing you know we'll be building our skyscrapers out of cow patties.

Pretty much sums it up. Toronto: where quantity trumps quality every time.
Years into the future, when these are falling apart, will we be looking back wondering why we ever built these things?

I'd say that's more than a little cynical, and far too soon to say. Tridel is aware of the importance of getting it right in this high-profile location. They are not going to want to blow this.

Tridel did a great job with Hullmark centre- if they have the same mentality with this project it should come out pretty nice.

I'd say that's more than a little cynical, and far too soon to say. Tridel is aware of the importance of getting it right in this high-profile location. They are not going to want to blow this.

300 Front St. W. is almost as high profile and well, look how that turned out.

Back