News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

A new one for you all:

How many transit agencies operated double-decker buses, in regular, revenue service, in the GTA?

Toronto had a few AEC double deckers a while back in the 1920s. I believe Brampton operated their Leyland double decker in service briefly. As mentioned above, GO Transit operates double deckers too.

Toronto had a few AEC double deckers a while back in the 1920s. I believe Brampton operated their Leyland double decker in service briefly. As mentioned above, GO Transit operates double deckers too.

ser71%5Cs0071_it4426.jpg

ser71%5Cs0071_it2732.jpg

This one may be simple, but try to answer without going to the ttc website;
How many Blue Night routes duplicate one daily route, and what are they?

Example: 301 = 501 would be correct, 321 = 95,133 would be incorrect since it covers 2 routes.

Let's try - it's tough because I know the Jane night bus covers the Junction route, and the St. Clair night bus covers part of the Jane route! Not going to count the 306, as it deviates from the 506 by going to Dundas west, or the 307 because of the airport service.

301 - 501 Queen
329 - 29 Dufferin
316 - 63 Ossington
353 - 53 Steeles West
385 - 85 Sheppard East
309 - 36 Finch West
308 - 39 Finch East
320 - 97B Yonge (though is rush hours only)

I know I can't answer this one without a map (great trivia question, BTW!) but I did give it some thought.

The 316 and 63 aren't exactly the same as the night route serves the Ex (and interlines with the 329), and duplicates part of 29D. Though I do think that 329 overlaps completely with route 29D.

And for Finch East and/or West, I suspected that the routes might not be exactly the same at the outer ends.

I thought about that (the 316) and since the extension to the Ex doesn't overlap any other route directly, and for such a short distance, it doesn't replicate any other, unlike say the 319 Wilson that also spends time on Martin Grove.

Here's a quick and easy one.

Each TTC route has an official name (for example, the 506 is named "Carlton").

Not including night buses (or temporary construction changes), there are two cases where the same name is duplicated by two independent routes.

What are they?

Here's a quick and easy one.

Each TTC route has an official name (for example, the 506 is named "Carlton").

Not including night buses (or temporary construction changes), there are two cases where the same name is duplicated by two independent routes.

What are they?
Bathurst and Kingston Road.

Here's my question: Where would one find the shallowest entrance to an underground station? Consider street level to platform level.

Back