Anybody has shared the inside look of the finished unit? Just curious to see - X2 should keep the same standard.

I don't remember...

Were X buyers given fair warning about X2 or did it come as a complete surprise to most?

I don't remember...

Were X buyers given fair warning about X2 or did it come as a complete surprise to most?

We bought right at the very beginning March 2006 and were told by our sales rep (when discussing views..we are s/east)
that the only thing that may possibly happen as you never know , is the pizza pizza office building at some point may , of course , be bought and then re developed. The was no mention of X2 at that point but that doesn't matter...as this is the city and there are no guarantee's anywhere that something else won/t be built except perhaps right on waterfront edge or by a cemetary! It was not a surprise in such that another building was announced just did not think it would come so quickly.

xCondo

Wow another year to get everyone in? That seems rather long.

Actually they are on schedule and better to be on the conservative/safe side with the occupancy dates than have to
be given 2 or 3 delayed occupancy notices (as is the norm with so many condos).

x!

Basking in the setting sun:

DSCN5644.jpg

DSCN5645.jpg

DSCN5646.jpg

DSCN5666.jpg

DSCN5663.jpg

Wow these are Xcellent shots..especially like the sunset glow on X and the one with former maple leaf gardens dome with X in the back..great!

March 16th Update

The balconies are nearly complete. I can't wait for the hoarding to come down, presumably in the next few weeks, I'm dying to fully scope out X from top to bottom.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This building is perfection in every way until you look at those last two shots. I almost want to cry. They came so close.

My last comment on the mechanical box, I promise.

This building is perfection in every way until you look at those last two shots. I almost want to cry. They came so close.

My last comment on the mechanical box, I promise.

I agree and I know we are beating a dead horse here. We are never going to get the glass enclosed surround of the mechanical roof or something TD Tower-esque. We've heard a hundred times... It would be too expensive; It's not cost effective for a non-commercial project; It would be impractical... blah blah blah.

So I came up with a cheap alternative that would just be a few pieces of structure plus some aluminum, yet it would dress up the mechanical roof. I'm sure there would be hundreds of variations that forumers could come up with that would be more pleasing to their sensibilities.

(Original courtesy casaguy)

Attachments

• X Roof Alternate 001A.JPG
    X Roof Alternate 001A.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 173
I saw Peter Clewes interviewed on Global News the other night.... Really bad haircut and an ill-fitting suit. No wonder the top of X is a mess. LOL

:p

He's a rather effete and soft spoken man and fairly small in stature. He reminded me of a wimpier Niles Crane from Fraser. I lost interest in what he was saying when I saw the haircut.... LOL

Back