News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

ya, but Tewder, all things being equal, all the cities are being reviewed on the same criteria, and both vancouver and montreal have alot of immigrants too.. as does london, nyc, etc... (although mon/van fall short in the business conventions). At any rate, its a better way to judge than this skewed silly voting promotional way. whatever ends up on that board is most likely gonna be a warped representation of our global primary cities. ie: kiev, riga, queenston and montreal #1? its like rigging an election. =)

Well the votes are definately borked up now. The only world class city in the top 7 is Paris! Tokyo is almost off the board and Jerusalem is 7?

Holy heckhole. This will be the worst Monopoly board ever.

Well the votes are definately borked up now. The only world class city in the top 7 is Paris! Tokyo is almost off the board and Jerusalem is 7?

If they (Monopoly) would like to make a 'classic' game, they'd just limit to 'classical' cities - such as NYC, London or Paris. Note also that just few days ago Paris was FIRST...

It also depends in which optic you see the world - from 'western' maybe classic is the best (though mitologized), but go to the far east or Africa, and the 'visualization' of the world changes...

On the other hand what criteria there should be... cost of proprities, development of condos, number of millioniers... what else? In any case you'd be surprised to discover the leaderbord of such places...

Agreed. I'm still voting everyday because of some intrinsic civic duty, but I can't help but think that this "leaderboard" is filled with two things... 1.) painfully obvious cities (London, Paris, New York) and 2.) painfully desperate cities of which I'd almost prefer Toronto not be a part of.

Some would of course, but if you adjust for those things would Toronto really be a bigger travel destination than Vancouver or Montreal? I would doubt it.

What makes you think that? The difference between Toronto and Montreal is nearly an order of magnitude. Montreal is also a business and immigration centre, so surely they would also lose many of their visitors under your criteria. Vancouver doesn't even enter the 150, and I'd wager many of their visitors are also visiting family.

If they (Monopoly) would like to make a 'classic' game, they'd just limit to 'classical' cities - such as NYC, London or Paris. Note also that just few days ago Paris was FIRST...

It also depends in which optic you see the world - from 'western' maybe classic is the best (though mitologized), but go to the far east or Africa, and the 'visualization' of the world changes...

On the other hand what criteria there should be... cost of proprities, development of condos, number of millioniers... what else? In any case you'd be surprised to discover the leaderbord of such places...

Isn't this a predominantly Western game anyways? Who cares what the world looks like to others, if the market doesn't? (of course, I say this because it's just a game)

Isn't this a predominantly Western game anyways? Who cares what the world looks like to others, if the market doesn't? (of course, I say this because it's just a game)

Nobody cares - except this that the voting is made by individuals living all over the world - and this is the explanation, why some cities are leading the board, although they may seem exotic

BY THE WAY - I've just seen the list... and it could be very tough tomorrow

it is possible, that Toronto will slide some 4 places down to 20th position, as you look at percentage got by cities

19th? 19th!!! Rally, folks, rally! Vote! Vote! Vote!

Looking at some of the cities on the leaderboard, I'm not sure we want to be on this list.

It's as somebody said, a list of classic well known cities and a list of wanna-be's. The omni-desperate Istanbul is in second place people!

Toronto Is Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto is OUT OF THE COMETITION... currently 21st....

vote and tell your friends to vote

With a list of top 4 like that, I am not sure if there is any point of even trying.

AoD

Yeah, I agree, voted today and took a look at the standings. At this point, I prefer Toronto to not be in any of the spots. This board is an embarrassment. Out of nowhere we have places where a huge majority of the world do not and would not want to live on the board at the top, or a bunch of good to live but not really "world class".

What we have currently on the board is one of three things.

a) trolls - meaning a huge percentage of people are making this well meaning board into a joke just because they can
b) hackers - misplaced civic pride and duty
c) combination of the two

At the start it was pretty good. It doesn't make sense that some city like London or New York which led for several weeks get bumped out by no-name places (in comparison) in a week or less unless the site got hacked or botted.

Back