News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Would you rather the top 4 be New York, London, Paris, Tokyo, etc.? BORING! There's absolutely no point voting if the same old "world class" cities are going to be on the board. Might as well tie board spots to real real estate data.

Yeah, I agree, voted today and took a look at the standings. At this point, I prefer Toronto to not be in any of the spots. This board is an embarrassment. Out of nowhere we have places where a huge majority of the world do not and would not want to live on the board at the top, or a bunch of good to live but not really "world class".

What we have currently on the board is one of three things.

a) trolls - meaning a huge percentage of people are making this well meaning board into a joke just because they can
b) hackers - misplaced civic pride and duty
c) combination of the two

At the start it was pretty good. It doesn't make sense that some city like London or New York which led for several weeks get bumped out by no-name places (in comparison) in a week or less unless the site got hacked or botted.

Sorry - but you do not understand what is going on. It SIMPLY shows how much interested are local/national voters in promoting their 'place in the sun'.

This is all about local patriotism - which in Canada is vague and in toronto completely NON EXISTENT.

It's not so hard to understand - just read some forums and blogs related to toronto (on whatever topic).

Toronto goes down to 22nd post, it seems that Americans pushed Las Vegas

I was voting every day for a while, but screw it - it's not worth being on a list this blatantly dumb.

There must have been other debates going on over this vote as well. "Jerusalem, Israel" has now transformed into simply "Jerusalem".

That's clever. Now they'll capture the votes of people who think they're voting for Jerusalem, Artichoke. Show them a yellow card!

I personally don't have any problems with a city like Jerusalem on the top 20 board. It's one of the classical and oldest cities in the world and is the birthplace of many religions/cultures.

I do have a problem with small and very mediocre cities like Riga being in the top 20.

Toronto's in a vicious fight with Hong Kong for 20th spot. Every time I refresh the page Toronto is in either 20th or 21st.

Toronto is doing really VEEEERY bad... I'm afraid it will not get to the first 20 and will not be included.

There are cities that goes up very quickly in one day (e.g. Cairo), so everything can change every day, but - alas! - not for Toronto...

Sorry - but you do not understand what is going on. It SIMPLY shows how much interested are local/national voters in promoting their 'place in the sun'.

This is all about local patriotism - which in Canada is vague and in toronto completely NON EXISTENT.

It's not so hard to understand - just read some forums and blogs related to toronto (on whatever topic).

Toronto goes down to 22nd post, it seems that Americans pushed Las Vegas

Actually, no, it's you that don't seem to understand what's going on. The vote is currently being botted. Something doesn't lead for several weeks only to have that lead shrink to cities that were not even anywhere near the top in just a few days or a week. I never really cared if Toronto was on the board or not but cities like New York, London and Paris don't get bumped off by Istanbul in a total of 3 days. In fact, where was Istanbul 5 days ago? Not even in the top 20.

The vote is botted.

Back