News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ground level at the Grange Park side is such a hodge-podge: the Grange, the 1921 Grange-like OCAD wing, the AGO curatorial wing from the last re-do that includes Grange-like bits, the huge new fire escape ... and little breathing room for the senses. No wonder Gehry tried to draw our eyes upwards and away from all this, with a big window and a flourish of spiral staircase.

Yeah, the Grange level has taken on the distinct look of a facade that has been grafted on. It definitely is a hodge-podge.

Where do you see the blue titanium? Am I blind?

Yep!:)

2243808276_cf1ecc9ed3_b.jpg

Photos From This Afternoon - Feb. 5, 2008

Street Clutter. Looking westward along Dundas St. The glass is quite subtly reflective, making the body of the addition almost vanish when viewed obliquely.
ago1-1.jpg

ago2-1.jpg

Drawing Nigh. New beam support for curved extension wings visible.
ago4-1.jpg

ago3-1.jpg

Looking a bit like a quarter of a zeppelin. Quite nice, tho. Loooong.
ago55.jpg

ago5-1.jpg

Subtle.
ago6-1.jpg

Complex.
ag07.jpg

Walkway-To-Be.
ago8-1.jpg

ago10.jpg

Workers.
ago9-1.jpg

Installation of glass over what will be the main entrance.
ago11.jpg

ago12.jpg

A little further west.
ago15.jpg

Views looking east.
ago13.jpg

ago14.jpg

ago16.jpg

Meanwhile, around the back....
More twistyness.
ago17.jpg

Much scaffolding.
ago18.jpg

That well-known elevation from Grange Park.
ago20.jpg

From OCAD
ago21.jpg

Blue Titanium! (and boy is it ever!)
ago19.jpg

Blue Titanium! (and boy is it ever!)

Whoah! very intense colour...

Great pics, CN..:)

ago19.jpg

OMG :eek: that's gorgeous! Love the colour! It would be nice if they covered the other post Grange façades with this titanium.

EDIT: The Michael Lee Chin Crystal is jealous
5eec59c2-5a63-4e0b-87aa-3bb0f3842f29.jpg

Luckily, we have this transformation to balance out the ugliness of the overhead wires and mix of street lamp styles on this stretch of Dundas. However, it's not that I support this kind of philosophy.

BLUE BLUE BLUE! I adore it! I thought the silver was going to be the final... but the Blue is amazing! the colour alone has transformed this project from "blah" to "ZAM!"

just like that.

1. Most of the glasses (front on Dundas) are rectangle, so what is the point to have a few triangle pieces?

2. The curve area, do they have space for display or there's no upper level? At first, I thought the upper level is extended all the way to the curve, but now that it's sealed? Why not extend all the way to have more space?

Luckily, we have this transformation to balance out the ugliness of the overhead wires and mix of street lamp styles on this stretch of Dundas.

Unfortunately the ugliness is still an overwhelming factor.

The renovation of the AGO fronting Dundas does look impressive, and one can hope that it will serve as encouragement for the improvement along the street.

Unfortunately the ugliness is still an overwhelming factor.

The renovation of the AGO fronting Dundas does look impressive, and one can hope that it will serve as encouragement for the improvement along the street.

Esp the Chinatown area from Beverley to Huron (south side). I'm shocked that there are so many empty spaces there unattended. I'd rather see non-asian stores than having them empty.

Back