News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Hm, that's interesting. I thought that interlining Sheppard West with the Spadina Extension to York U was the most logical thing to do. My subway map would definitely include it.

I think the Map's great. It's not a fantasy map, as the Sheppard West extension and DRL are coming (apparently.) The way LRT is differentiated from subway is pretty much exactly the way I'd do it. However, I think I'd do the Scarborough RT as a subway-like line. Either that, or a hollow line like DLR is in London. Great work though. I'm working on trying to make something as good as that ;)

Having a subway station on Jane would

1) Increase the ridership of the Sheppard line

2)Give Commuters north of Wilson another option instead of taking the Jane bus to the Bloor line or the future Eglinton-Jane LRT station. By taking the Sheppard line to Downsview and transfer to Spadina line, they would get downtown faster and

3)it would also increase the Spadina line ridership. This line does not operate at full capacity

4)Increase the efficiency of the Jane bus or LRT

-Steeles Stations will attract York region Buses and the future Jane LRT. Until then, the Jane bus won't go there so those living around Wilson will use Sheppard Jane

-Those living around Lawrence might take the bus or LRT to Eglinton-Jane to then go on the Y-U-S line of their choice

-Those around St-Clair would just go to bloor.

A)So the bus and Lrt could have efficient shorturns during rush hours if necessary and stop being so crowded.

B) By relieving some pressure off the Bloor line, a future extension to Mississauga wouldn't overcrowd to much that line since they could just bypass St-Georges and Bloor-Yonge with the DRL.

C) The network seems to run more smoothly...

5) Potential to have Bus routes from northern etobicoke go to Sheppard-Jane to give those commuters a faster access to rapid Transit instead of forcing them to travel through the full nort-south corridor to Bloor

***All of the above would drastically improve the Bus service on Keele***

6)Revitalization of Sheppard-Keele and Sheppard-Jane

Last edited:
This is a TTC Map, not a regional transit map so GO lines are not included (just where the inter-modal connections are made). But you make a good point and a next draft could include a colour-coordination of GO linkages to reflect the GO line connecting at a given station. I wonder what colour would fit at Summerhill....:confused:

I think this is a fantastic effort, but agree on showing those parts of the GO lines that fit within this map, as on that scale they are not simply regional networks, but also express lines between nodes. Or would be, if they were fare-integrated and ran regularly. I suspect that seeing how GO lines connect things might yield some interesting insights into where there are network redundancies. Because it's so rarely shown, it's hard to visualize the overlays, and there are a bunch.

Hello. I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for a little while, and I use the TTC all the time. I thought I'd try to make a map. It shows the subway system, streetcar lines, and the planned Transit City LRT lines, using stops that I gathered from wikipedia. See anything wrong with it that I can fix? Anything good? Did I miss anything?

^^ The Map's pretty good, but I would show the lower priority and speed of the LRT lines by making them thinner. Probably also replace the stations with just tick marks instead of real stations.

But if you're going for accuracy, it looks pretty dead on accurate. The only tiny detail I see is that the distance between Sheppard-Yonge and Finch is rather large. If you were to carry Sheppard over, it would hit Wilson instead of Downsview on the Spadina line.

Also, if you want it to be almost exactly like TC, you might wanna add the Finch East bridge between Finch and Don Mills.

I seriously need to figure out how to make one of these so I can make my own fantasy map. :p

I need to be a little more imaginative with station names. I have a Neilson station on the Sheppard LRT line, and to the west, an 'Almost Neilson' station :D
I could get rid of the streetcar lines downtown and reduce the LRT lines to a thinner red stroke. I will also try to fix the Sheppard mis-alignment on either side of the Y-U-S subway line.

^^ HAHA I didn't see that!

I have to admit, I wouldn't put the regular streetcar lines on a RT map. They give the same service as busses do, and since we don't put all bus routes on a RT map, they shouldn't be special. I WOULD include Spadina, St. Clair and Harbourfront on it, as they're basically LRTs that have yet to see the light.

Apart from the LRTs and Sheppard misalignment, it looks pretty good. Not nearly as much of a fantasy map than a what's-going-to-happen map, but it's well done :)

Hello. I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for a little while, and I use the TTC all the time. I thought I'd try to make a map. It shows the subway system, streetcar lines, and the planned Transit City LRT lines, using stops that I gathered from wikipedia. See anything wrong with it that I can fix? Anything good? Did I miss anything?

This map, which is quite good, clearly shows the problem with Transit City. Regardless of where your trip starts on that map, you only have two ways to get into the downtown core - the existing Yonge and University lines south of Bloor. There will be utter chaos when Transit City is complete because it will result in an extra 20,000 people per hour or more hopelessly squeezing onto the existing, already at capacity, YUS loop.

Since this thread has come back I decide to update my map and change the symbol for the LRT lines based on easlier discussions here on exactly how they should be represented on a subway map. I decided to make the LRT lines hollow. I also added/removed lines and made a few other changes.

^ If that was a transit menu, I'd order just about one of everything.

But Wilson-Yonge should be Hogg's Hollow if it's won't be York Mills...

Thanks for the input guys! I know the map isn't really cool because it's not a fantasy map (I totally think the Eglinton LRT should be a full subway, but the LRT will be much better than multiple, short-turning buses).
Anyway, here is the new version of my Transit City map. Any ways I can improve it?

Great! It is indeed better with the LRT in thinner lines but I would make the underground section of the LRT thick like the subway lines.

It's a decent map, but why does the Spadina subway line end at Steeles and Eglinton LRT at Martin Grove?

Good work on the map, the only issue I can see is the current plan for the SRT extension is a bit different than on the map.

I will fool around with the Eglinton line and see what it looks like with a thick portion marking the underground stretch. As for why I didn't extend it to the airport... lack of information regarding routing near the airport. I'll figure something out though! Also, I totally neglected the end of the Spadina line (lazy me!) I'll fix it all up.
Finally, does anyone know what's happening with the SRT extension? Is it ending at Sheppard and Markham? Malvern Town Centre? Does the TTC even know? ;) I just assumed it was ending at Progress because that's what wikipedia said (à la Don Mills LRT ending at Pape). I'll add accurate information to the map as soon as I can find out :)

^ If that was a transit menu, I'd order just about one of everything.

But Wilson-Yonge should be Hogg's Hollow if it's won't be York Mills...

I agree. A lot of it is as I would do, with both a DRL and a Queen line, Sheppard and Danforth going to STC, Bloor going to MCC. And lots more!

Back