News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The only TC line close to being equivalent of our subways is Eglinton. The rest won't be worth putting on a map, with all those stops.

Version 7! Now with GO goodness and the planned Yonge subway extension. I tried so hard to keep it uncluttered, but maybe there simply are too many LRT stations for a practical map. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

BY looking at the map it's clear that the TTC needs to do something with Sheppard Avenue West and fast. THey will most likely have to build a subway extension.

On the Eglinton Lrt, I would have tough they would have had the common sense to have the underground section include both Jane and Don Mills. Those are 2 major intersection and having all those passengers wait on LRT plateform (winter time or when there a temporary interruption delaying the line)

That ain't right...

There still hope for the whole SHeppard line when MIller and Giambrone are kicked out of City hall. The strike and tax increase will mark the end of his reign.

Let's hope his opponent will be PRO-Subway.

By the way, I was thinking that since Transit City was paid for by the Federal and Provincial province (correct me if I'm wrong), Why cant the city INVEST its own money to at least finish SHeppard? oh right, nevermind, the answer is lack of political will.

I wish that the Sheppard line was from Jane to SRT (Markham-SHeppard EAst)

Last edited:
On the Eglinton Lrt, I would have tough they would have had the common sense to have the underground section include both Jane and Don Mills. Those are 2 major intersection and having all those passengers wait on LRT plateform (winter time or when there a temporary interruption delaying the line)

By the way, I was thinking that since Transit City was paid for by the Federal and Provincial province (correct me if I'm wrong), Why cant the city INVEST its own money to at least finish SHeppard? oh right, nevermind, the answer is lack of political will.

One of the options for the Don Mills stop/station on eglinton has it put underground, and they will likely need to do so anyways due to traffic. As for Jane and Eglinton, one of the options has both stops located on the north west corner of the intersection, so there would be more platform space and no need to cross traffic lanes to transfer.

Where is the city going to get at least two and a half billion dollars for anything? Particularly for a subway that they don't believe is necessary.

Where is the city going to get at least two and a half billion dollars for anything? Particularly for a subway that they don't believe is necessary.

You would be surprised what you can do and accomplish when the taxes are tighly managed.

I'm an ex-montreal city worker and you wouldn't believe how much a city can waste huge amount of money on stupid things (that you wouldn't believe) and be ridiculously cheap on projects that makes so much sense, like public transit.

The problem is that, we have incompetent managers

Where do they get money for anything?

It was necessary until the plans were changed...the plans can and should change again.

There still hope for the whole SHeppard line when MIller and Giambrone are kicked out of City hall. The strike and tax increase will mark the end of his reign.
When??? That's a huge assumption.

Just because most of us hope for that doesn't mean it'll happen. And even if Miller does get defeated, there's no guarantee his replacement will be better.

Last edited:
The only TC line close to being equivalent of our subways is Eglinton. The rest won't be worth putting on a map, with all those stops.

The Jane LRT may go into a subway south of Eglinton or St. Clair, the Don Mills LRT may have to should it be routed under Pape, and Sheppard will go into a subway west of Consumers Road.

There are 4 out of 5 options for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT to go into a subway station under Weston Road. 1 of 5 options have a subway station under Black Creek, while 3 out of the 5 have an elevated station. Only 1 option has a surface stop for both Weston Road and Black Creek.

Just because the Eglinton LRT will be partly underground doesn't mean it will be equivalent to a subway line. The current subway system has both underground and above ground sections as well, and yet no distinction is made between them on the subway/RT map, so why should it be different for the LRT lines?

Subway/RT has a very specific meaning in Toronto: fare-paid boarding zones with fare-paid bus connections, and the Eglinton LRT does not fit at all.

The Eglinton LRT is probably the stupidest part of the whole Transit City plan. The entirety of Eglinton West has either a ROW at the side (for the Richview Expressway) or is too narrow for on-street operation, so why bother with LRT at all? It is just mind-boggling.

Version 7! Now with GO goodness and the planned Yonge subway extension. I tried so hard to keep it uncluttered, but maybe there simply are too many LRT stations for a practical map. Ah well, it was worth a shot.
It's surprisingly readable considering the amount of information that is on it. I don't think it would work as an in-vehicle map but it's still useful.

Small point - considering that this is the state of the system as of 2031 or therabouts (e.g. after the Metrolinx RTP is done), you probably should add "Clarington" as one of the destinations for the Lakeshore East GO line.

Ya, you're right, we should probably rip down all the surface street car and bus route maps they currently have at stops, because as you say, with all those stops, its not worth putting on a map...

Transit users/tourists/anyone needing to travel into new areas, won't need to know where they have to go and how to get there.

TO Penguin, its a good map, and I hope the TTC does put something like this on their maps, cuz people, you won't be seeing any other coloured lines growing on the current subway map.. not in your lifetimes.

Maybe the best way is to put the LRT lines on the map, indicate what street they run on, but omit all the individual stop names to keep the map simple and uncluttered.

Back