News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The only thing to be done on the Cherry St line is building the sidewalk on the east side between King and Eastern. The rest is done.

The loop will be fully built with tracks at the south end, but no service until fall 2015 or early 2016. A miss opportune here not doing it this year.

They have painted the walls, ceiling and the support structures on the sidewalks. They are in the process of painting the ceiling over the road and will then paint the centre support once traffic is shifted away from it.

Waited 40 minutes for a 172 at Mills yesterday and finally took my own advise I have being giving to oversea visitors by walking up to King and getting the 504 over to the subway. Only saw 3 172 going south and that was 15 minutes before I left and never saw one as I headed west. 172 still on detour with 172 using Cherry St.

The loop will be fully built with tracks at the south end, but no service until fall 2015 or early 2016. A miss opportune here not doing it this year.

Though I agree that they OUGHT to finish the damned loop off now there is no sign they are going to do so and anything I have seen on WT website says they won't because the entrance to the PAG parking will be there. There is no sign of any spare rail in that area nor any more work being done now that the concrete 'foundation' is there. Why do you think it will be finished?

Walking down sumach to eastern on Saturday I noticed that the only thing that really looks like it's getting in the way of that area finally opening is construction debris on the street. Anyone know if there's anything that's legitimately holding up the connection between mill & eastern, or is it literally a matter of cleaning the junk off the street?

Anyone hate seeing how Nissan/Infiniti has basically taken over King/Sumach area? Their cars are always parked everywhere. Especially right on the corner of King/Sumach. Looks like a parking lot.

Maybe TTC could rent Nissan the streetcar ROW if nothing else is going to be using it a while :D I did a test drive there and they had to fetch the car from somewhere else. A bit of an awkward arrangement.

Last edited:
The rest of the rails have been installed in the loop just south of Mill St.

IMAG0175.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 828
The rest of the rails have been installed in the loop just south of Mill St.

Their initial statements were that the rail would not be laid here until after the PAG so it is good they decided otherwise. This should allow them to start service on this stub/branch quite fast after the PAG. The TTC are starting to put back the overhead on King Street but I doubt they will install it in Cherry until after the Games but that is a fairly quick thing to do.

Their initial statements were that the rail would not be laid here until after the PAG so it is good they decided otherwise. This should allow them to start service on this stub/branch quite fast after the PAG. The TTC are starting to put back the overhead on King Street but I doubt they will install it in Cherry until after the Games but that is a fairly quick thing to do.
I noticed there seemed to be a brand new large parking lot north of Mill Street. I'm wondering if they've moved their bus operation for the games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see to see TTC activate Cherry Street early - at least for short turns.

I wouldn't be surprised to see to see TTC activate Cherry Street early - at least for short turns.
Though I think it would be a very good idea I doubt it will happen - the streetcar tracks have been fenced off and are inside the PAG site. The whole site will not open to the public until after PAG and after the buildings have been refitted for 'ordinary folk".

Though I think it would be a very good idea I doubt it will happen - the streetcar tracks have been fenced off and are inside the PAG site. The whole site will not open to the public until after PAG and after the buildings have been refitted for 'ordinary folk".
Most of Cherry Street itself has been fenced off. I hope it's open before the PAG.

I have no doubt that fencing could be reinstalled after the games.

On the other hand ... I guess we're only months away.

Most of Cherry Street itself has been fenced off. I hope it's open before the PAG.

I have no doubt that fencing could be reinstalled after the games.

On the other hand ... I guess we're only months away.
The fencing around the streetcar tracks (to their west) is quite substantial and presumably designed to be there for the next year or so and keep people out of the PAG site and the tracks. On the other hand, the FastFence that blocks off Cherry from Eastern to Mill is easily removed and yesterday they were removing all their junk from the roadway so I suspect that the long-promised reopening of that (final) block of Cherry is imminent. We shall see.

Back