News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Another thing to keep in mind ... there was very little negative press in the media regarding the TTC 3/4+ years ago - it's very much a new phenomena - it's extremely hard to argue service was better 3/4 years ago - in fact you can make many arguments it was worse.

Anyways the point is all the negative attention surely drives up complaints I suspect.

Although the actual numbers of complaints are up, it doesn't seem that the percentage is ... more riders = more complaints, so overall the level of complaining has grown along with the increase in ridership.

In another place (even maybe another government outfit) an employee who's completely passed out in such a front-line position would be severely disciplined (health issues or not). Yet, of the three who were caught snoozing, not one has been disciplined.

I'd love to know what happened to those employees because obviously those complaints were in the public sphere.
Well, one of those to which you referred took medical leave, and died within a year from a stroke.

Hopefully you are satisfied with that. Or perhaps you think he should have been disciplined as well?

2008 was the last year I saw a PDF report from the TTC called "Service Improvements, April 2008". On the TTC's website for Transit Planning, it remains as the only entry, under Service Improvements A comprehensive evaluation of proposals for new and improved transit services.

I was wondering, if we have to return to be seeing “Service Improvements†or “Service Plan†reports.

Of course, with the Transit City Plan and Transit City Bus Plan, the TTC and the city were planning BIG improvements for the next decade, if not more. However, with Rob Ford & his band of henchmen, the BIG plans have been whittled down and the plans have become iffy at best. Even the current 3 LRT plans, which seem to be going ahead, we are still facing hurdles ahead. The Transit City Bus Plans, published in PDF back in 2009, it looks like they’re in limbo, especially since we were hit with cuts in service instead of service improvements.

The “Service Improvements†reports presented comprehensive evaluations of proposals for new and improved transit service which have been received from customers, City councillors, and TTC staff. Just wondering, if the TTC, under TTC CEO Andy Byford, will now have to go back to such reports, even to justify simple small improvements along the way.

Well, one of those to which you referred took medical leave, and died within a year from a stroke.

Hopefully you are satisfied with that. Or perhaps you think he should have been disciplined as well?

Okay, that's both rather offensive and rather ridiculous.

Will be bunt. When your time is up, its up regardless what has taken place. To say someone complaining about him cause him to go sooner is out of line.

Sorry the person pass on, but you or I have no control over it. Do you have the time and place where you will pass on, as I sure don't?

If the person is on medical leave or have a medical issue, should they be on the job in the first place?

There been times I should been at home when I was sick, but running a company does not allow the option at times to do so.

Bottom line, rules are rules and not to enforce them show that management has no power or control over its employees. Seen this too many times in the past and one reason a number/most of those companies don't exist today.

Last edited:
Now to see how the Tube services its Underground (London England):

[video=youtube;TrhslXjN5xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhslXjN5xE[/video]

Now to see how the Tube services its Underground (London England):
Was there a particular part of the episode you wanted to point out? It's quite clear from watching just how much busier the Underground is to the Subway, and how dreadful the delays are on it. And how different the communication can be, yet how poor customer service some customers think there is.

Was there a particular part of the episode you wanted to point out? It's quite clear from watching just how much busier the Underground is to the Subway, and how dreadful the delays are on it. And how different the communication can be, yet how poor customer service some customers think there is.

Actually, that is one part of a BBC series. Go to http://www.youtube.com/user/undergroundseries?feature=watch if you have free time, since each video is about an hour long.

Actually, that is part 1 of a BBC series. Go to http://www.youtube.com/user/undergroundseries?feature=watch if you have free time, since each video is about an hour long.
Yes, I watched it when it came on. It was running at 9 pm Mondays on BBC1 during February and March. Actually I haven't watched the last one yet ...

There was a similar series (also called "The Tube") on Carlton (the old weekday ITV1 station in London) back in 2003-2005. Not quite as well done, but still very interesting - particularly the beginning of the 3rd series as they in the middle of filming during 7/7, so got some good behind the scenes footage as it all unfolded.

Both series are well worth watching. Not sure I'd want to ... (buffering, buffering, buffering) ... watch them YouTube for an hour though ... there are torrent sites where you can download them properly, and watch them on TV.

Not quite sure what your point is though. Do you think they do well? Poorly? Better? Worse?

Yes, I watched it when it came on. It was running at 9 pm Mondays on BBC1 during February and March. Actually I haven't watched the last one yet ...

There was a similar series (also called "The Tube") on Carlton (the old weekday ITV1 station in London) back in 2003-2005. Not quite as well done, but still very interesting - particularly the beginning of the 3rd series as they in the middle of filming during 7/7, so got some good behind the scenes footage as it all unfolded.

Both series are well worth watching. Not sure I'd want to ... (buffering, buffering, buffering) ... watch them YouTube for an hour though ... there are torrent sites where you can download them properly, and watch them on TV.

Not quite sure what your point is though. Do you think they do well? Poorly? Better? Worse?

One scenario repeated many times in the videos is the active nature of the CCTV (closed circuit television) on the London Underground. There is someone watched the monitors and if an incident happens, the watcher takes appropriate action immediately instead of a passenger (or train driver or conductor) calling in. Like when someone vomits on a platform, the incident is seen and the watcher calls for a cleaner to clean up the mess. Of course, the watcher is watching many monitors, so it would depend on what catches their attention.

The cameras on the buses and streetcars, in Toronto, are passive cameras. Only recording. The new LFLRV would have monitors in the driver's cab, so the driver may see an incident when not driving.

The cameras on the subway platforms can be monitored at the collector's booth, if not busy with customers at the booth. Don't know if a second pair of eyes is also watching, or just recorded.

One scenario repeated many times in the videos is the active nature of the CCTV (closed circuit television) on the London Underground. There is someone watched the monitors and if an incident happens, the watcher takes appropriate action immediately instead of a passenger (or train driver or conductor) calling in.

I'm sure that the folks complaining about having staffed collection booths would be thrilled with the notion of TTC employees paid to sit on the butts and watch TV all day.

Back