News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Bloody hell, Bob Kinnear.

TTC Union President Bob Kinnear said the incident is being blown out of proportion.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” he said. “We do this [driver relief] thousands upon thousands of times a week without any problems.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...in-bus-for-30-minutes-not-that-big-of-a-deal/

ATU 113 needs to find someone from the bus operations side - someone who has dealt with the public - to lead their union or at least be their spokesperson. Kinnear came from the maintenance side of the local, who don't deal with the public and are far more militant. The 2006 illegal wildcat strike was about a grievance over changing the shifts of some custodial workers - but took the whole city of Toronto hostage (and got away with it too). The ATU promised in 2008 48 hours notice before walking off the job, but instead gave less than two hours and blamed "unruly and abusive" customers for going on his word.

Time to throw Bob Kinnear under the bus, ATU workers who give a s**t.

Dam TTC didnt let this poor T-rex on board!!

[video=youtube;4Sb5tlblDSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sb5tlblDSw[/video]

Last edited:
TTC Union President Bob Kinnear said the incident is being blown out of proportion.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” he said. “We do this [driver relief] thousands upon thousands of times a week without any problems.”

Thousands upon thousands of times a week? That's a lot of driver relief! And during those thousands upon thousands of times, are vehicles left empty with passengers on board?

Sure, I see driver relief all the time -- one driver gets out, another gets in, and off we go. Takes a minute. Completely different scenario than what was reported yesterday.

But only if they have a "C" license (regular bus with designed seating capacity for more than 24 passengers), and 2 or less demerit points & no more than 2 traffic offences.

But it would have to maintain a speed of 50 mph or higher, or else it would explode.

Bloody hell, Bob Kinnear.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...in-bus-for-30-minutes-not-that-big-of-a-deal/

ATU 113 needs to find someone from the bus operations side - someone who has dealt with the public - to lead their union or at least be their spokesperson. Kinnear came from the maintenance side of the local, who don't deal with the public and are far more militant. The 2006 illegal wildcat strike was about a grievance over changing the shifts of some custodial workers - but took the whole city of Toronto hostage (and got away with it too). The ATU promised in 2008 48 hours notice before walking off the job, but instead gave less than two hours and blamed "unruly and abusive" customers for going on his word.

Time to throw Bob Kinnear under the bus, ATU workers who give a s**t.

The funny thing is that he has mellowed out since first getting this position.

That said, whenever he opens his mouth, it makes me pretty sure that he is mentally retarded.

EDIT: Just want to add that I'm pretty sure he is in for good now. If they were going to throw him out, it would have been during the aftermath of the incidents you mentioned.

You kind of have to put on a Kinnear to reality filter whenever he opens his mouth. What I think he was trying to say is that the driver made a dumb mistake, but that we all make dumb mistakes now and then.

Last edited:
Thousands upon thousands of times a week? That's a lot of driver relief! And during those thousands upon thousands of times, are vehicles left empty with passengers on board?

Sure, I see driver relief all the time -- one driver gets out, another gets in, and off we go. Takes a minute. Completely different scenario than what was reported yesterday.
That was Kinnear's point. It usually works well so let's not go crazy over one screw-up.

I don't think he made his point clearly, because this time there was a problem and it seems like he didn't think it was a big deal. So he shouldn't just shrug this one off. No need to go crazy, but perhaps it is happening more than we know and he shouldn't sound so cavalier about it.

Last night I saw the transit troops kick out someone on the train sniffing something out of a can. So there must be some kind of rat out system if no one hits the alarm.

Au82QZO.jpg

Back