News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any chance we will get NOVA LFS electrics?
It’s up in the air right now. But they’ll probably award the contract soon with the funding now available.

I will say this though, some people would like the idea of getting the Nova Bus LFSe+ because it has a lot of parts in common with the LFS hybrids, including the electric drive from BAE Systems.

Still need to pay drivers for the proper service levels, which were reduced for "efficiency".
That is the city responsibility since they under fund TTC in the first place.

Why should upper level pay for Toronto short fall funding TTC in the first place??

Learned something new about the new hybrid buses being delivered. The TTC is taking better advantage of the EV-only mode. The current buses’s engine shuts down when serving stops. The new buses’s engines will shut down around stations and terminals, garages, and other areas where there are a lot of people.

Learned something new about the new hybrid buses being delivered. The TTC is taking better advantage of the EV-only mode. The current buses’s engine shuts down when serving stops. The new buses’s engines will shut down around stations and terminals, garages, and other areas where there are a lot of people.
Good, always thought it was useless to shut down the engine for two seconds while stopped to pick up one passenger, but leave it running for 20 minutes while laying over in an underground bus terminal, as I've seen at York Mills. The current next gen hybrids should be reprogrammed to operate like this.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's not the first time they've done it, but I saw large numbers of electric buses on King St for the first time this week.

At least two of the BYDs are back on the road after whatever issue caused them to be sidelined in April - rode both 3751 and 3753 on the 88 in the past week.

It makes a lot of sense to put charging in the loops and terminals. It is TTC property (or long term lease) and could schedule the prior bus to depart and free up the charger just as the bus arrives.

Last edited:
It's a nice theory, but without bus only lanes I don't think it will amount to much of anything. With such precision scheduling you can't have the bus getting stuck in traffic as a matter of course.

Then there is also the question, how much extra charge would the bus gain during the course of a break?

Though not selected for the recent order of electric buses, the TTC still has a sizeable fleet of Proterra buses.

EV firm Proterra files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection​

Aug 7 (Reuters) - Electric-vehicle parts supplier Proterra (PTRA.O) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday, making it the latest company to go belly up in an industry grappling with supply chain constraints, slowing demand and a funding drought.

Though not selected for the recent order of electric buses, the TTC still has a sizeable fleet of Proterra buses.

EV firm Proterra files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection​

Aug 7 (Reuters) - Electric-vehicle parts supplier Proterra (PTRA.O) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday, making it the latest company to go belly up in an industry grappling with supply chain constraints, slowing demand and a funding drought.
It's not true that they are going belly up. They are restructuring their operations and will continue to build and fulfill orders. At least for now.

Back