News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Originally, the CLRV prototypes had no windows that could open. The sliding windows were put in because of the lack of air-conditioning.

No, the SIG cars and production cars always had the tip-in transom windows that are located at the back and at the front. The sealed windows were retrofitted with the sliders in 1982.

The testing on Toronto streets has been going on for a while now.....do they ever report what, if any, issues they discovered and what the impact is or how they got over them?

The testing on Toronto streets has been going on for a while now.....do they ever report what, if any, issues they discovered and what the impact is or how they got over them?
Clearly none have de-railed and I have not seen reports of them losing poles either so I assume they are training drivers and doing fine tuning to the kinds of things we (as passengers) do not see and checking things like whether a truck can push (or pull) a disabled car. What they have NOT tested is how well they work when actually carrying fare-paying passengers (all-door loading, Presto machines etc) so I am sure there will be further fine-tuning when they finally start revenue service.

Clearly none have de-railed and I have not seen reports of them losing poles either so I assume they are training drivers and doing fine tuning to the kinds of things we (as passengers) do not see and checking things like whether a truck can push (or pull) a disabled car. What they have NOT tested is how well they work when actually carrying fare-paying passengers (all-door loading, Presto machines etc) so I am sure there will be further fine-tuning when they finally start revenue service.

With Spadina being a relatively short route (the Queen's Quay/Spadina loop *might* be open the time these new streetcars start operating), with fewer complications than most (such as having passengers board from a sidewalk across an active traffic lane), it is actually ideal for this real-world testing.

Back