News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How does this compare to the updated delivery schedule that Bombardier agreed to a couple months ago?
I think the last revision of the revised revision was that 16 streetcars were to be actually be in revenue service by end of 2016. So that means we're still two short of the goal for 2 weeks ago.

As a reminder, the original promise was 67 by end of 2015 (or as some articles read October of 2015). That was cut to 23. Then 16. Then 13 were actually in service at end of 2015. There are a few other numbers I've seen floating around in the media, but it wasn't always clear for delivered versus in-service.

They had a nice burst there with the last few cars, but now let's see if they keep it up.

Last edited:
I think the last revision of the revised revision was that 16 streetcars were to be actually be in revenue service by end of 2016. So that means we're still two short of the goal for 2 weeks ago.

As a reminder, the original promise was 67 by end of 2015 (or as some articles read October of 2017). That was cut to 23. Then 16. Then 13 were actually in service at end of 2015. There may have been a few other numbers floating around.

They had a nice burst there with the last few cars, but now let's see if they keep it up.

Thanks for that! Pretty sad when you can't even make the revised target of the revised target of the original target.

hey at lest its progress I think we had like three or four in service this time last year?

It was 16 in revenue service, and 19 delivered. They managed to pull off 13 in revenue service, and 15 delivered. Now we are at 14 in revenue service, and 15 delivered. So we are still 4 short ... and climbing, as they have to deliver over 1 a week to meet their 2016 commitment - we've gone 2 weeks now into January with no deliveries.

Both empty in a siding in Thunder Bay. Nothing to say they haven't put a 3rd one in service though - but I doubt it at this time.

just curious are they specially built or are they normal flat cars that railroad tracks have been put onto for the flexitys to sit on?

just curious are they specially built or are they normal flat cars that railroad tracks have been put onto for the flexitys to sit on?
I'm no expert, but looking at this picture that was posted further up the thread, you can see how the car compares to the a regular flatcar on each side:

Could some of the recent delays be attributed to the recent Nipigon Bridge failure? I can't imagine the situation going on up there but it would just be a total mess for suppliers and truck traffic and so on.

It's quite possible that some shipments got stranded on the east side of the bridge. However, it was a short closure, and there are plenty of ways to reroute anything that wasn't actually on the road yet when the bridge failed. If Thunder Bay is running that lean on inventory, it's worrisome. If suppliers are working from the schedule, there ought to be enough backlogged parts in T Bayfor a few cars yet.

- Paul

Well, I'm just looking at it from the standpoint that there are a lot of small things (fastener shipments, etc) and stuff that will all get disrupted. There are a lot of parts that go into each train. All of a sudden they're out of M8 X 20 bolts. Now what? Oh, the shipment got delayed so we have to call up another supplier. Oh, they're all screwed up too because of the bridge. Yeah we have a train almost complete but can't proceed in putting the farings on because a door isn't bolted on, etc - that kind of stuff.

Back