News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wonder if the Bombardier workers had a Christmas break of a week or two? They'll would have Christmas and New Year's off, likely Boxing Day as well. Or is it a case of "bah, humbug"?

Wonder if the Bombardier workers had a Christmas break of a week or two? They'll would have Christmas and New Year's off, likely Boxing Day as well. Or is it a case of "bah, humbug"?
Or it could have been a case of 'we need to get some more damned streetcars made VERY soon or we will not get any more contracts and all our days will be days off."

At the rate of production, you'd expect them to work all through the holidays minus christmas and new years. I would be quite disappointed if they didnt have most shifts running

liJRiEL.jpg

If and when bbr ramps up delivery to every four days, and is able to maintain that flow for, say three months, it would be great if they could issue some sort of a formal apology to City of Toronto residents for this epic delay.

Bombardier (Derby) delivers one full S-Stock train per week to TfL.
How was start-up though? Recall that the 2009 Stock start-up was so poor, that TFL was in a war with Bombardier, and there's even a documentary made about it.

How was the TR delivery start-up? I never hear people complaining about TR deliveries (which come from the same factory) so I am assuming all is good there.

How was the TR delivery start-up? I never hear people complaining about TR deliveries (which come from the same factory) so I am assuming all is good there.

I remember commenting about them many years ago when the first test train was endlessly testing. took them a while to iron out the kinks

It was late, rough. Door problems, etc. But nothing like the streetcar delay. I'm not sure they ever fully ramped up, but they got close enough - and at this point, TTC is quite happy not to have to park the extra 6-car trains anywhere. Though I noticed they've modified the production schedule so that four of the six 4-car trains are delivered much sooner than the final 6-car trains.

Back