News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Looks like they will have to go beyond sanding/polishing - there is a patch that looks like it's just filled up "temporarily".

AoD

They haven't finished that station yet. Main at the turnstiles looked okay by the time they finished.

Though there's some wood covered holes in the Mezzanine level, where presumably they will have to put in new floors (I told my 4-year old, that's where the pirates buried the treasure).

Work has started at Wilson, I'd assume the other stations scheduled for Fall 2016 will be starting soon as well.

8 gates to replace 3. At least there will be no lines!
With tap-out coming, the peak-demand for gates at stations with bus platforms in the fare-paid area will be when 2 trains arrive at the same time. This is a lot higher than just people randomly walking into the station.

With tap-out coming, the peak-demand for gates at stations with bus platforms in the fare-paid area will be when 2 trains arrive at the same time. This is a lot higher than just people randomly walking into the station.

**shakes head**

Huh? Bus platform in fare paid area. Fare gate at front entrance. I come upstairs. I walk to a bus platform. I get on. Where did a fare gate come into this?

**shakes head**

Huh? Bus platform in fare paid area. Fare gate at front entrance. I come upstairs. I walk to a bus platform. I get on. Where did a fare gate come into this?
When you board a bus or streetcar in the fare paid area of a station you are supposed to tap on to it. It's in the TTC pamphlet on how to use presto. It currently does work I have tried it a few times and have had no problems with it charging me a second time

When you board a bus or streetcar in the fare paid area of a station you are supposed to tap on to it. It's in the TTC pamphlet on how to use presto. It currently does work I have tried it a few times and have had no problems with it charging me a second time

The thread is TTC New Fare Gate Installation. I did understand that I was to tap onto a bus or streetcar to board at the station. So far, so good.

@nfitz said...

Where does a FARE GATE come into this?

Last edited:

I'm wondering what the current compliance level is with this. It's bound to be a source of confusion considering that cash/token users have nothing to tap. Are all bus/streetcar routes running thru fare-paid platforms now POP?

- Paul

At some stations the installation is taking months with no end in sight. Could it be slacking off or incompetence...

At some stations the installation is taking months with no end in sight. Could it be slacking off or incompetence...
Yes it could be either but more likely because it's a very complicated retrofit involving bringing extra power and communications to the new gates and, as we see above, because they often (usually) need to do repairs to the floors etc in the fare gate area BEFORE installing new gates.

Back