News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Yes, it's a mystery as to what's coming next for those gaps. What are the chances the fare collectors' booths get totally rebuilt or even removed? I have not followed any of the plans for them.

Yes, it's a mystery as to what's coming next for those gaps. What are the chances the fare collectors' booths get totally rebuilt or even removed? I have not followed any of the plans for them.

I think they will probably have maned gates there for poel who need extra assistance. London does that as well and considering our CEO is from there I think they are modeling the new gate structures after that.

img_0560-jpg.85638

Those gaps will let a small dog on a leash through, or a cane, or hockey stick. A human leg, maybe, but not an adult's butt.

Got a legend for that so that I don't have to think?

So I've been keeping a map of what has Presto, what doesn't, and what's upcoming. None of the hodgepodge text description bullcrap the TTC has been doing.

Nice to see the roll out in this graphic.

Green - Has it
Yellow - Currently being installed?
Red - Doesn't have it

PS. Dufferin got activated this week. You're also missing the 63 route.

Green - Has it
Red - Doesn't have it

If that's the legend, then the map isn't correct.

Green - Has it
Red - Doesn't have it

If that's the legend, then the map isn't correct.

Legend is pretty much correct. I think of yellow more as "upcoming", so rather it means the bus garage or subway station has been listed next for PRESTO installation.

42 (or anyone else), please, feel free to point out the errors so I can update! I've only done it on limited info.

Also note that there are many places where PRESTO, upcoming and non-PRESTO surface routes overlap. I just chose whatever made sense/was dominant (e.g. if Leslie had it and Eglinton East was upcoming, I marked Eglinton between Yonge and Leslie as yellow). I also left out a couple limited service surface branches.

So I've been keeping a map of what has Presto, what doesn't, and what's upcoming. None of the hodgepodge text description bullcrap the TTC has been doing.
Frankly, I think the TTC lists are easier to follow and though your map clearly shows that the Presto roll-out is generally from west to east on the buses (garage by garage) this is exactly what TTC has said and shows on their website.

Legend is pretty much correct. I think of yellow more as "upcoming", so rather it means the bus garage or subway station has been listed next for PRESTO installation.
What's red then? It shows Old Mill as red - isn't it all but finished?

And it shows all the downtown stations as Green, even though they still need new faregates, and Presto at the secondary entrances.

Back