News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ugh... these floors are terrible. Even stations that have gone through a revitalization (ie Dufferin), the floors remain stained and worn.

This doesn't seem terribly complicated. Can we not hire a couple of guys with a floor sander and polisher to spend a year or two doing nothing but sanding floors in station concourses and on platforms during closed hours?

There is a crew that does nothing but griding and polishing floors. They do the whole system end-to-end.

The problem is that it's generally a multi-day process in order to grind even one platform, nevermind scrubbing and then clear-coating it. And because the station has to stay open, the replacement clear-coat is never as good as the first one they've put down, so the floor stains more easily.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I'm wondering what the current compliance level is with this. It's bound to be a source of confusion considering that cash/token users have nothing to tap. Are all bus/streetcar routes running thru fare-paid platforms now POP?

- Paul

I don't think there are many poel who do it right now and also Buses are not Pop unless they are rep;acing streetcars as only the streetcars are Pop. Buses have the readers on the back door for boarding in a fare paid area only. A good way to think of boarding a bus or streetcar with a pretos reader in a subway station fare paid are is that you are taping off, because not may poel will board a bus at one station to take it to another one.

Where does a FARE GATE come into this?
It doesn't in the fare-paid area. My point was that in a station where the buses are in the fare-paid area, the peak of fare gate usage (by far) is when the trains arrive. When buses are not in the fare paid area (Jane, Dufferin, etc.), there's also a peak when buses arrive.

Fare gates going in at Summerhill station
VwQcqv8.jpg

i really wish that they decaled the sensor spot instead of leaving it bare green...looks somewhat unfinished/unrefined....

Dupont ... it was suppose to be done at the beginning of April, then pushed to end of May, and then the end of July and then Summer 2016. As of two weeks ago half were installed but being used for exit only.

Dufferin has been installing these since like ever and now all the gates are just there not activated.

In the station it said it could be up next week or next year for all they know.

I expect Coxwell to get Presto some time in 2020. The "Easier Access" project is now "late 2017" according to the sign boards at the front door...

The gates at Royal York have been powered on, but not yet opened up to use. Likely early this coming week.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Dufferin has been installing these since like ever and now all the gates are just there not activated.

In the station it said it could be up next week or next year for all they know.

I believe they're doing other work besides fare gate installation there. It will be a while before they're done with the main entrance.

I updated the list with everything else, thanks everyone.

Old Mill is now activated, so nothing else really matters.

IMG_0560.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 919

Back