News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The new schedule is posted. Lots being finished in next few weeks:

Stations PRESTO available at all entrances
Station St Andrew Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances April 25
Station College Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances April 26
Station Queen's Park - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances April 27
Station Osgoode Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances April 30
Station York Mills Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 1
Station St Clair West Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 2
Station Museum Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 3
Station Sheppard-Yonge Station - west automatic and Harlandale entrances PRESTO available at all entrances May 4
Station Sheppard-Yonge Station - Poyntz entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 10
Station Sheppard-Yonge Station - Hullmark entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 14
Station Union Station - north fare line PRESTO available at all entrances May 18
Station Union Station - south fare line PRESTO available at all entrances May 25
Station Union Station - Brookfield Rotunda PRESTO available at all entrances May 28
Station Sheppard-Yonge Station - main entrance PRESTO available at all entrances May 31
Station St George Station - phase one PRESTO available at all entrances June 14
Station St George Station - phase two PRESTO available at all entrances June 25
Station Finch Station - all entrances PRESTO available at all entrances June

Station St George Station - phase one PRESTO available at all entrances June 14
Station St George Station - phase two PRESTO available at all entrances June 25
Not sure what is difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2. They've already done 2 of the 3 entrances, and only the west exit to St George Street itself is left. Which I'd have called at least Phase 3.

Will certainly be nice when all those horrid old metal gates are gone. The OISE exit from St George look so much more civilized now.

I don't really get why people have a problem with them. Yes, they don't operate as fast as the old turnstiles do but they are mechanical and don't operate as fast as someone pushing against a turnstile.

I find it's just annoying that you have to stop walking for a second to wait for the gates to open, while in many other places in the world you just tap while walking and the gate opens before you have to stop. Not a huge deal, but could be a much better passenger flow if they open like a half a second earlier.

I find it's just annoying that you have to stop walking for a second to wait for the gates to open, while in many other places in the world you just tap while walking and the gate opens before you have to stop. Not a huge deal, but could be a much better passenger flow if they open like a half a second earlier.

japan for example has the physical units much longer so that there is time for the computer to detect and make the gates close if theres a no payment. maybe we shouldve picked a unit that was longer so the reader is farther away from the gate.

japan for example has the physical units much longer so that there is time for the computer to detect and make the gates close if theres a no payment. maybe we shouldve picked a unit that was longer so the reader is farther away from the gate.
in some of our stations (like St Andrew that just went live) that would have created a very narrow walk through if the gates extended further out.

I am confident that there is good reason why this particular model was chosen over the longer ones you see in some other places.

in some of our stations (like St Andrew that just went live) that would have created a very narrow walk through if the gates extended further out.

I am confident that there is good reason why this particular model was chosen over the longer ones you see in some other places.

Speaking of St Andrew Station's fare gates, I'm not quite familiar with the station as I've only gone through it twice, but why are there two fare lines on the North and South with entrances and exits on the East and West? Why not have fare lines on the East and West so that there's the option to go to the north or south side escalators/stairs? Is it because the fare collector booth is in the middle of the south fare line and moving it is not worth it?

Speaking of St Andrew Station's fare gates, I'm not quite familiar with the station as I've only gone through it twice, but why are there two fare lines on the North and South with entrances and exits on the East and West? Why not have fare lines on the East and West so that there's the option to go to the north or south side escalators/stairs? Is it because the fare collector booth is in the middle of the south fare line and moving it is not worth it?
I find your question hard to follow.

Here is the layout of the station the fare collectors are at, both, the east and west end of the north fare gates.

upload_2018-4-27_14-29-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-27_14-29-16.png
    upload_2018-4-27_14-29-16.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 580

Back