News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

That only works if enforcement works. This evening I took the 506 from Parliament to Landsdowne and back from Queens Park stn to Parliament St. I saw at least a dozen people in both directions not tapping on on both trips. When we finally had a fare inspector board the westbound streetcar at Dufferin most of the scofflaws had alread exited. The one young man they did catch was allowed to tap on afterward without penalty.

As I said in this earlier post, we need to focus fare enforcement to where the evaders are. Start with significant increase in roving inspectors on the College/Dundas/Queen/King streetcars between University and Sherbourne,

Last edited:
Sanscon Construction Ltd. (Sanscon) submitted the lowest-priced bid, attended the mandatory site tour, and and did not state any exceptions or qualifications. Sanscon is COR™ certified with IHSA, as specified in the bid documents. As requested in the RFBdocuments, Sanscon provided references to demonstrate they have performed work of a similar nature. Reference checks were conducted on all five references, which confirmed Sanscon has satisfactorily performed work of a similar nature. Their bid is considered commercially acceptable.
Clearly they didnt perform their "reference checks" adequately, but happy to see that the TTC is content with getting screwed over by Sanscon yet another time! They are the modern day Bondfield.

Hope the TTC is ready to pay operators some more $$ and run more overnight streetcar service across the network, because there's a 0% chance Sanscon completes this project on time. But of course they know of all that by selecting Sanscon yet again right?

It's happening again...

Screenshot_20240919_062617_Gmail.jpg

Guess I’m biking the kid to school this morning. Again. I don’t mind in September, but hopefully this isn’t in the cards to keep happening through the winter.

Guess I’m biking the kid to school this morning. Again. I don’t mind in September, but hopefully this isn’t in the cards to keep happening through the winter.

Service is back up.

Reactions: PL1
*UPDATE 2*

Operators are announcing to passengers that this will not clear up expeditiously.

Service is back up. So it took about two hours from the initial incident. Certainly not super quick, but not the total meltdown that one might have feared either.

Service is back up. So it took about two hours from the initial incident. Certainly not super quick, but not the total meltdown that one might have feared either.

The way it was being described by the operators was more of an oh s*** moment.

That said I concur.

I'm onboard a 504 right now sitting at Dundas Street. It's a mess still.

Service is back up.
Literally the minute I got the kid on his bike seat, I got that alert. But he wanted the bike ride, so he got it! Pleasantly, there was only one obstruction in the bike lane the entire way from Dufferin to Broadview (the long term construction around Sherbourne). And the weather was perfect for it.

It's 7 km from home to school, then another 7 to work from there.

Not a bad ride, but I like taking transit so we can chat for the first part, then I can read the news on my solo part.
Wow, I didn't realize the catchment area for schools could be that big.

The TTC is getting rid of wifi at stations, so it's a bit odd they'd add it to the trains, which would need additional tunnel infrastructure to support.
The board has made no policy change to get rid of wifi at stations.

There's a motion to the board to continue service in stations AND to establish "a plan for the establishment of a pilot for free Wi-Fi on bus and street platforms and bays at stations".

Ok.. you had me up until this point.

This isn't a white privilege thing. What this is, is the reality that 99% of plans have Data even minimally.

Don't turn this into a race issue.
???

This is standard procedure. The Board is considering an equity impact review by the Racial Equity Office.

I'm not sure why anyone didn't expect the Board to review this (especially given they haven't made any policy changes to terminate service in stations). And that reviewing it would including examining it through a racial lens. I'm troubled some are so bothered by routine social justice.

Back