News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

I'm sure you're just finishing up the details on your campaign to have wi-fi be codified as a human right. When can we expect your submission?

The TTC is spending a lot to pilot Wi-Fi on bus routes, it seems counter intuitive to let rogers renege on the 20 year contract
There were speculations previously by generally unreliable media that staff had gone behind the boards' and chair's backs to extend the contract to 30 years. Which I'm guessing included dropping wifi.

Should be an interesting meeting next week.

Ontario Line Updates: Queen Street Road Closure Next Weekend​

Below is the latest Metrolinx Ontario Line construction taking place in Ward 14, broken down by area. You can report any issues to Metrolinx 24/7 at 416-202-5100.

Visit my website for information on additional Ontario Line construction happening in Ward 14.

Rail Bridge & Corridor Construction

Queen Street Road Closure Next Weekend for New Bridge Installation

Starting at 9 p.m. on Friday, September 27th until 5 a.m. on Monday, September 30th, a portion of Queen will be closed to traffic and pedestrians to allow for the installation of a new rail bridge deck.

Overnight work will be required to complete the bridge girder installation, with more disruptive work taking place during the day.

No traffic or pedestrian access will be permitted beneath the Queen Street bridge between McGee and De Grassi during the road closure times listed above.

Access for residents and businesses (local traffic) will be maintained between Broadview and Logan. Only local traffic will be permitted on Empire. Traffic will be diverted both ways via Logan, Eastern, Broadview and Carlaw.

The 501 Queen streetcar will be replaced with buses from Thursday, September 26th to Monday, September 30th.

Noise from construction equipment including cranes, and hand tools, can be expected. Noise mitigation measures, including temporary noise barriers and noise reducing equipment, will be implemented as required.

Read Metrolinx's construction notice for more information.

Yeah, though the fleet has been growing continuously
No, it has not.

The original pilot covered two groups of buses, yes. And a small additional group was added afterwards to increase the fleet available in the east end.

But no additional buses have had the equipment installed in about 2 years.

Dan

Mayor Olivia Chow: The TTC is hiring a new permanent CEO. I've added a letter to the TTC Board agenda outlining my vision for a transit system that will get Toronto moving.
This process is more than just a search for new management. It’s an opportunity for renewal. It’s an opportunity to restore people’s faith in transit and to envision a bold future for transit in our city.
There's also mention of public WiFi in stations. 😄
GYQ1OXNXAAAe7eF.png
GYQ1NEEXoAAlBt7.jpeg

There's also mention of public WiFi in stations. 😄
... Or cellular service.

I'm listening to the board meeting and suprised no-one has talked about the revenue loss from discontinuing wifi. The ttcs website states TCONNECT brings in (ad) revenue... Is that outdated or minimal as it relates to replacing service? Or would that not change even with (15MM) upgrades?
Screenshot_20240924_170103.jpg

I'm listening to the board meeting and suprised no-one has talked about the revenue loss from discontinuing wifi. The ttcs website states TCONNECT brings in (ad) revenue... Is that outdated or minimal as it relates to replacing service? Or would that not change even with (15MM) upgrades?
Rogers pays TTC for the right to run the mobile (and wifi) service, and receives any ad revenue themselves

I've noticed more security people in recent weeks, and I think it's been an improvement. The subway entrance I use most often had been unstaffed for many years, but now routinely has a TTC person standing or sitting there. There seems to be far fewer instances of subway lines being shut down by the meth-enthusiast/mentally unsound individuals climbing onto the tracks and running into the tunnels (and the more temporary delays caused by unspecified "security incidents"). There was a week back in the first part of February when I ran into that happening on four consecutive days.
Same here!

A few months ago, there was someone sitting in the Indian Road exit of Keele and the Emerson Avenue exits of Landsdowne regularly.

As much as I like the current gates, it was so much more secure with the previous turnstiles.
Twice in the last few nights I've been on subways lines partly shut down due to the unspecified "security incidents", after having gone several months without running into that situation. Is it maybe related to the weather getting cooler?

... Or cellular service.

Usage has dramatically dropped since cell coverage for all.

Back