News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

From this data, we will never know. I suspect that student ridership is one source of incidents, because fare evasion is a rite of passage for high school, even if you have a pass in your pocket. And high scool students just get stupid in packs. Seeing Ossington in the data immediately made me think of CAMH, but that's likely my own little bit of stereotype. I would have thought of 501 as the mother of all troubled routes.

In all but one cases, the most frequent incident type fare fraud, so I think your high school hypothesis makes sense. This would also disproportionately affect people who are of lower income.

In all but one cases, the most frequent incident type fare fraud, so I think your high school hypothesis makes sense. This would also disproportionately affect people who are of lower income.

I would also like to know how fare evasion incidents come to light. If I try to pull a fast one on an operator, and the operator just says 'put in a fare or get off my bus', does it get reported? Probably not. I expect these incidents are logged where there are focussed investigations by security officers, or where a confrontation gets out of hand. Security people tend to be creatures of habit - they go to flagged problem areas. If three security people do a sweep on a particular route, and find lots of offences, they go back next week. There may be just as much evasion happening down the road, but it doesn't get logged. Unless the security folks' efforts are random and systematic, the results don't stand as a representative sample.

- Paul

I'm not confident the TTC will cook up livery of any significant quality. They have no grasp of aesthetics
I couldnt agree more. The TTC should just launch a public contest and let the public design something because they wont be able do it right.

The HSR did that with their articulated fleet and the design was very well done.

^Typically yes, but with the designs the TTC has come out with recently i'd take the risk

^Typically yes, but with the designs the TTC has come out with recently i'd take the risk

Except that you still have to have someone selecting the winning entry - and guess where that pool will be drawn from?

Another TTC design fail to note - their uniform refresh.

AoD

That's interesting. I imagine it'll be like GO where new branding is applied during overhaul. Speaking of branding, it would be cool if new vehicles came with the same upholstery as the LFRVs. Adds a little bit of interest, consistency.

I wasn't a fan. Did I come up with anything better? Maybe not. I just wanted to see what a brushed aluminium finish on the SRT would look like...

Scarborough RT in subway scheme
by Adrian Badaraco, on Flickr

Nice job! I think it would look even sharper if you'd kept the thick black stripe through all the windows, which gives a clean, unbroken look. Then maybe a two-tone grey stripe (light/dark) below that. And, the rt logo, of course.

I'm also a huge fan of "fade dots". The new AZUR trains in Montreal have some of this going on, so do LA Metro's new Light Rail trains.

Nice job! I think it would look even sharper if you'd kept the thick black stripe through all the windows, which gives a clean, unbroken look. Then maybe a two-tone grey stripe (light/dark) below that. And, the rt logo, of course.

I'm also a huge fan of "fade dots". The new AZUR trains in Montreal have some of this going on, so do LA Metro's new Light Rail trains.
Thanks! Interesting ideas. I may explore a few of those. A little bit more embellishment of the bare metal finish may not be a bad idea and not just for the RT.

Been mulling over this one for a few months. Maybe it's something we can look forward to for the centennial.

TTC heritage bus livery

Thanks! Interesting ideas. I may explore a few of those. A little bit more embellishment of the bare metal finish may not be a bad idea and not just for the RT.

Been mulling over this one for a few months. Maybe it's something we can look forward to for the centennial.

TTC heritage bus livery

I think they would look better with the paint scheme for the Flexs

TTC heritage bus livery
I think the red should be darker, like the crimson colour of the old PCCs.

Back